cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rodk
Adept I

[ABUSE] By: Rodk / Board: general-discussions (25861)

Dear Moderator, the following message is a message I tried posting as a reply but the bot thinks it is spam. I removed all names of the software I mentioned and I tried posting in parts. I posted the first paragraph but it was detected as spam. The only thing mentioned in the first paragraph is an outdated processor from 7 years ago and an outdated motherboard (I did not mention the brand or model) that nobody would want. Please help. Hey guys, thanks for the response. :smileyhappy: Earlier today I was about to edit my previous statement because I read all over the net that motherboards cannot cause a processor to bottleneck. Now I found out that it technically can when there is incompatibility. I now know for sure the FX 8350 (125 watts) will not work (in its full capacity?) with my previously mentioned motherboard that indeed has an am3+ socket (FX 8350 compatible) but it has a 95-watt limitation. Therefore, it makes it incompatible. @elstaci Even out of the package, from the very first day, I noticed my processor was running at 2.8Ghz and not its 4.0Ghz base clock. Even when I only surf the web and use basic applications such as Microsoft Word or an internet Explorer, the processor was always fixed at 2.8Ghz. I’m sure it's because of the 95-watt limitation. I did ask computer knowledgeable people but they said that a FX 8350 4.0Ghz base clock was ''overclock'' and too risky. I insisted that according to my little investigation that it was not overclocking but I didn't want to argue. :smileyhappy:   I executed the OCCT program. Set the critical temperature to 65° and clicked on the play button to run the test. About 8 minutes after the test began, on the left side column of the OCCT window, I clicked on ''monitor''. I was presented with a monitoring graph and 1. Amd Fx 8350 temperature values 2. Motherboard temperature values 3. The graphics card values. Out of the 3, the only one that had a checkmark was the graphics card. So I check-marked the rest of the boxes to see the live temperature graph in action. Each time I clicked on a box to mark a checkmark, I could audibly hear the pc lower its performance. I then checked on the main OCCT window and ''Overheated'' message was present. I then stopped the test. Here is what I captured after the test.   AMD FX-8350 - CPU (Tctl) reached a value of 36°, Minimum of 36°, and a Max of 54° Gigabyte Motherboard reached a value of 48°, Minimum of 47°, and a Max of 58° Below the motherboard area, it also says CPU which reached a value of 59°, Minimum of 59° and a Max of 73° Nvidia Geforce gt 730 GPU temperature reached a value of 52°, Minimum of 51°, and a Max of 54°   Before the test, I had been using my pc all day long but no heavy software was used at all. 10 minutes after the test, I ran another test and unchecked all boxes except for the AMD FX 8350 CPU (TCtl). I had it running for 30 minutes and it had an average temperature of 52°. The motherboard CPU section was at 71°. The motherboard itself was at 57° average and the graphics card had an average of 54°.   @pokester I can’t really understand your green and red team card statement? :smileyhappy: I suppose the green team is the company that created my gt 730 graphics card. I don’t know who is the red team. I might be using advanced computer language here and there, but I am a complete noob. Thanks. My intention is to buy a new (from long ago) motherboard that supports the fx8350 to get it running at its 4.0 base clock. I have NO budget for it, I will save up. I am from Mexico and live in Mexico and had a difficult time during the current world crisis. My intention was to use After Effects software to launch my service online but now I have the motherboard & graphics card problem. I actually thought I had a good PC, I guess I was scammed when I bought the parts a couple of years ago but God is good. :heart: If I buy a compatible 125-watt capacity motherboard, I suppose it would automatically set the 2.8Ghz to a 4.0Ghz clock base. Would this make a difference for After Effects video editing? My plan save some money, replace the motherboard but keep the trashy-level graphics card, start video editing for my online service, save some money, sell my pc but now with a 4.0Ghz base clock, and finally buy parts for a completely new build, with a Ryzen processor most likely. This is an emergency and temporary thing. 5 months maybe. I am not wealthy but I want to make investments. I will definitely check if all parts of a build I plan to make are compatible with my needs. I will double-check with you guys. With professionals. Thank you for the link you shared. @pokester thank you for the warning. I will check the awesome site but be careful. :smileyhappy: Thank you for the advice, God bless. :heart:

Link to post: (Re: My Amd FX 8350 is abysmally low, I found the issue but...)
by Rodk

https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/my-amd-fx-8350-is-abysmally-low-i-found-the-issue-b...

Hey guys, thanks for the response. :smileyhappy: The bot in this forum thinks my message is spam, I will try to divide it in parts: Earlier today I was about to edit my previous statement because I read all over the net that motherboards cannot cause a processor to bottleneck. Now I found out that it technically can when there is incompatibility. I now know for sure the FX 8350 (125 watts) will not work (in its full capacity?) with my previously mentioned motherboard that indeed has an am3+ socket (FX 8350 compatible) but it has a 95-watt limitation. Therefore, it makes it incompatible.

This message has 0 replies

Hi. Jesus Christ is the way to restore our relationship with God! Believe, Repent, and He will forgive you and be with you.
0 Likes
0 Replies