cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

galixigen
Journeyman III

Ability to disable legacy i-gpu or install legacy Non-WHQL along with latest Crimson for d-gpu

Hi, AMD support, i was your fan for a long time but for now, you moved not-so-old A10-5745M(3yrs) APU's i-gpu to legacy, so as absolutely-not-old R7 M260(2yrs), cause they depend on one latest non-WHQL driver package. I can't disable i-gpu to use d-gpu only(it could be the best option, because many games don't correctly support amd/amd switchable graphics), so as keep i-gpu at latest legacy driver and update R7 M260 separetly with latest drivers. Is there any way out? I want to use my good m260 to play new games, but I can't. I was able to choose from intel/amd and amd/amd bunch, I was thinking, that amd/amd laptop would be the best option due to obvious amd-to-amd integration. It was a mistake. I'm dissapointed, AMD.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
chocobuns
Adept II

Re: Ability to disable legacy i-gpu or install legacy Non-WHQL along with latest Crimson for d-gpu

I have the same problem too and to think I just recently bought this laptop and it is really disappointing I have the AMD A10-5750 APU which is also part of the legacy and I have my not so old AMD 8670m 2gb which is supported to the latest version of the drivers and here I am stuck to the driver where my legacy driver is  only supported and I cant run some latest games smoothly cause of the lack graphic card update... so disappointing

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Re: Ability to disable legacy i-gpu or install legacy Non-WHQL along with latest Crimson for d-gpu

Laptops with Intel/AMD switchable graphics have the same issue. The older Intel graphics do not support Win10...therefore the AMD graphics can't work with it.

0 Kudos
galixigen
Journeyman III

I did some research and found, that the oldest intel integrated graphics without windows 10 support - is the 2nd gen(Intel 3000 2nd gen, newer gens have latest drivers version), which was released 5.5 years ago, in 2011. Ok, I am agreed to buy a new laptop after 5 years of usage or, maybe, 4.

But not 2 years, it's just insane, I use it only 2 years and then hardware manufacturer throws me out of a boat. It's bad, really bad, AMD.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
galixigen
Journeyman III

>Any 1st or 2nd generation Intel processor with HD2000 or HD3000 (or older HD graphics)  are not supported under Win 10

You just approved my words.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Thats why I re-posted it....it's not a new post with over 9,000 views. Alot of information is available using the 'search box' in the forum.

0 Kudos