Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

simo20
Adept I
Adept I

A10-9620P Laptop Low FPS In All Games

Hello everyone, i have a problem with a lenovo notebook apu amd a10 9620p 2,5ghz (i overclocked it with overdrive) integrated r5+ r8 m535dx 2gb vram dual graphics... i tryed to reinstall drivers more than once but i cant run paladins with more than 30-40 fps for some reason i tryed everything checked for viruses disabled ulps etc... and sometimes when i open task manager when playing i notice that interrupt system usage goes at like 99% but for a second only and then refresh to normal i know my pc isnt very good for gaming but with my old i3 1,9ghz 820m nvidia only 1gb vram notebook i had better perfomance in every game i tryed so far and idk what do,thanks for your help and time (also sorry for my bad eng)

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

17 Replies
simo20
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Low fps in every game

So i tryed even to disable ULPS but nothing changes and then i checked while gaming with gpu-z and i noticed something weird... both gpus load is always 0% and integrated card core clock is always --- even when i disable dual graphics (not working i guess?) also dedicated gpu dosnt show any memory usage even tho it should have 2gb vram... there are gpu-z screens:  gpu problem - Album on Imgur

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

You will have a better chance of a reply if you move your question to the correct forum > Drivers & Software

This forum is for:

WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM

Use this space to post questions and discussions related to AMD that do not fit into the other forums.

For example; game promotions, benchmark scores, etc.

0 Kudos
simo20
Adept I
Adept I

Oh sorry i moved it now

0 Kudos
simo20
Adept I
Adept I

thanks but i tryed to clean install drivers from lenovo site many times already (using ddu etc) and it's always the same

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

These are the correct drivers for your laptop...full version > Laptop graphics update...How to

You can not overclock a laptop. Remove any changes you have made.

0 Kudos
simo20
Adept I
Adept I

I installed that driver after cleaning everything from amd but i still got low fps and the 0% load etc problems... also with this driver the dedicated gpu name changed to r7 440m and i should install chipset drivers too or these are useless for my laptop?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Use the chipset drivers furnished by the manufacturer...not AMD.

Are you assigning the game to the high powered graphics? > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

The graphics name change could be from using 'generic' drivers from AMD. > Radeon R530 showing up as R7 M440 after software Upgrade - Dual Graphics Laptop

Your lower framerates are probably from either your game settings being too high or your AMD settings being set wrong. Can you take a screenshot of the AMD control panel settings and let's look at that first.

In Device Manager, are there any yellow marks?

Is your laptop set to high performance (not balanced)?

Are you using vert sync?

Do you have anything like "Cool & Quiet" enabled? If so disable it.

0 Kudos
simo20
Adept I
Adept I

On manufacter website i can find vga driver only but not chipset... maybe they have a different name idk anyway about settings i always put them at high perfomance for games and for power plan settings i have a  customised one with 100% cpu usage min like suggested  for gaming about cool n quiet i tought about it too but i cant find that option in bios so idk how to disable it if that's the case.

Oh also i noticed a strange thing when i plug in my laptop fps dont increase but stay the same sometimes they even decrease... anyway there are the best settings for perfomance i found so far: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

0 Kudos