cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

simo20
Adept I

A10-9620P Laptop Low FPS In All Games

Hello everyone, i have a problem with a lenovo notebook apu amd a10 9620p 2,5ghz (i overclocked it with overdrive) integrated r5+ r8 m535dx 2gb vram dual graphics... i tryed to reinstall drivers more than once but i cant run paladins with more than 30-40 fps for some reason i tryed everything checked for viruses disabled ulps etc... and sometimes when i open task manager when playing i notice that interrupt system usage goes at like 99% but for a second only and then refresh to normal i know my pc isnt very good for gaming but with my old i3 1,9ghz 820m nvidia only 1gb vram notebook i had better perfomance in every game i tryed so far and idk what do,thanks for your help and time (also sorry for my bad eng)

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

17 Replies
simo20
Adept I

So i tryed even to disable ULPS but nothing changes and then i checked while gaming with gpu-z and i noticed something weird... both gpus load is always 0% and integrated card core clock is always --- even when i disable dual graphics (not working i guess?) also dedicated gpu dosnt show any memory usage even tho it should have 2gb vram... there are gpu-z screens:  gpu problem - Album on Imgur

0 Likes

You will have a better chance of a reply if you move your question to the correct forum > Drivers & Software

This forum is for:

WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM

Use this space to post questions and discussions related to AMD that do not fit into the other forums.

For example; game promotions, benchmark scores, etc.

0 Likes

Oh sorry i moved it now

0 Likes
simo20
Adept I

thanks but i tryed to clean install drivers from lenovo site many times already (using ddu etc) and it's always the same

0 Likes

These are the correct drivers for your laptop...full version > Laptop graphics update...How to

You can not overclock a laptop. Remove any changes you have made.

0 Likes

I installed that driver after cleaning everything from amd but i still got low fps and the 0% load etc problems... also with this driver the dedicated gpu name changed to r7 440m and i should install chipset drivers too or these are useless for my laptop?

0 Likes

Use the chipset drivers furnished by the manufacturer...not AMD.

Are you assigning the game to the high powered graphics? > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

The graphics name change could be from using 'generic' drivers from AMD. > Radeon R530 showing up as R7 M440 after software Upgrade - Dual Graphics Laptop

Your lower framerates are probably from either your game settings being too high or your AMD settings being set wrong. Can you take a screenshot of the AMD control panel settings and let's look at that first.

In Device Manager, are there any yellow marks?

Is your laptop set to high performance (not balanced)?

Are you using vert sync?

Do you have anything like "Cool & Quiet" enabled? If so disable it.

0 Likes

On manufacter website i can find vga driver only but not chipset... maybe they have a different name idk anyway about settings i always put them at high perfomance for games and for power plan settings i have a  customised one with 100% cpu usage min like suggested  for gaming about cool n quiet i tought about it too but i cant find that option in bios so idk how to disable it if that's the case.

Oh also i noticed a strange thing when i plug in my laptop fps dont increase but stay the same sometimes they even decrease... anyway there are the best settings for perfomance i found so far: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

0 Likes

"Oh also i noticed a strange thing when i plug in my laptop fps dont increase but stay the same sometimes they even decrease"...nope that's not right. Have you always had this issue or did it just start? I assume you have Windows10? Did it work alright before this last update from Microsoft?

Are there any yellow marks in Device Manager?

0 Likes

Well i got this pc from 3 weeks only and before installing games i did all the updates so idk if it worked before last update i was thinking even to do a clean install of windows 10 and see if it fix something but i would prefer to avoid that anyway no i didnt see any yellow mark in device manager

0 Likes

Today i tryed to run an other old game and i had lags+ black screen very often for no reason... i still have these problems... i can try installing an older amd driver maybe?

0 Likes

Install the drivers from the manufacturer of the laptop.

0 Likes

The problem is that i installed manufactor drivers many times already... when i started this post i was using these and i reinstalled them like 5 times or more so basically neither manufactor or amd drivers are working it seems

0 Likes

Anyway i realized that is probably the cpu fault since when i change from lowest graphic settings to highest there is almost no difference in perfomance so the gpu can handle these games i think... it's weird because my old laptop with an i3 1,9 ghz like i said was doing decently fine, maybe im doing something wrong idk ty for ur help anyway

0 Likes

I have just one more question since i noticed my integrated gpu bios is less updated than the dedicated one and in gpu-z it says the card revision times is 0 maybe i can try to update my gpu bios?i tryed to find that but i cant find it for r5 series... where i can find bios update for my card?i know how to do it since i found a guide but i cant find the download anywhere, it's one of the last things i want to try before giving up

0 Likes
irabanta
Journeyman III

Did you find any solution?

0 Likes