cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

delevero
Adept III

A tip.. if your 6800 and 6900xt crash read this, disconnect VR

Hello here is a tip for the 6800xt and 6900xt graphics card if you have crashes in games.

If you own a VR headset or have more than 1 screen connected then remove the VR and your extra screen so only your primary screen is connected.

I own the 6900xt and pimax 8kx vr headset and my games also crash all the time, BUT when i unplug the Vr headset two usb cables then the games do not crash anymore.

So i think there is some kind of HDMI/usb Vr kind of bug.

my story
 i did not play much vr with the new 6900xt yet but i had 0 crashes in VR... but if i start a non vr game with the vr headset connected the non vr game will crash withing 5-10-60 minutes no matter what.
And its also like when i play a non vr game with the vr headset connected its like i dont get as many fps as when the vr headset is not connected to he computer.. So something is clearly wrong that a vr headset that is not "on" but in standby/sleep mode effect other things. I did not have this problem with my 2080rtx nvidia card.

pps.. the computer do not crash/turn off when i do stress test, 3d tests or burn in tests and torture tests of the hardware.. it only happen in non vr games when the pimax 8kx is connected. So its not a heating problem of my system its rock steady if i remove the vr headset.

my specs
windows 10 64bit
32gb ddr4 ram
6900xt
5900x cpu
2xm.2
1x7200hd
1x water cooling ( closed AIO system )
1000w rog power supply
Acording to my calculations the computer need like 650w - 750w so its not a power issue. And as said if i remove the vr headset the computer is rock steady and no crashes.

0 Likes
3 Replies

TIP OR BUG? so 6000's gpu is for one display only

0 Likes
sanjayleo
Journeyman III

I have the same build with 16 GB ram having same issues upgraded from 750 Watt to 1000 It worked good for a week and it started to crash. 

0 Likes

We need AMD to support RDNA2 fully. It is obvious that a lot of features are still turned off or end user, such as P states, media profiles (custom has only brightness slider), and more smaller tweaks that older gpus have inside adrenalin. I'm crossing my fingers that with 2021 edition they will fix most of problems with new generation. They rushed release of this gpu the same as cdp rushed cyberpunk, but I believe it just a matter of time, that things will work as intended 

0 Likes