cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

schldskjoirz
Adept III

A sad solution

It doesn't feel right that the solution to the problems is to remove Adrenalin. I installed a plain driver and control the card with Afterburner and RTSS. Not a single problem since then.

Problems I encountered with each software version:
- Repeated crashes in games
- Sudden automatic "alt-tab" events
- After each game, the PC has to be restarted. If not restarted, each game crashes and disappears into the background.
- Repeated boot loops, which eventually end up with the GPU warning light flashing.
- Windows behaves strangely (graphics errors, broken mouse hover effects...)
- mouse lag
- problems with game profiles (e.g. may leave overclocking on, graphics card fans spinning, colour settings left on, etc.)
- andwhatnot....

Never found any other solution to get rid of these problems.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes
4 Replies

Most of the time those problems come from having  Afterburner. Or any other third party graphics control. They interfere and conflict with the AMD settings. Use one or the other.

I was a bit unclear. I uninstalled Adrenalin and then installed Afterburner.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes

A problem with uninstalling Afterburner is that unless you select "return all settings to default" before you uninstall it...it leaves some registry settings intact. I use Revo Uninstaller Pro, but there is a free version > https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

0 Likes

If done a clean install with bare minimum install only essentials this means only gpu driver chipset driver and games, guess what if ran into issues still, this excuse only works until you meet some one like me that has all these issues, im losing patience, i just want to be rude and curse this is nothing but AMD fault all these issues.

Unstable drivers give random results it does not mean third party software is to blame it means the drivers are unstable and they been unstable for 6 months now, i cant wait to rma my card and get a full refund next year if AMD contineus same route, its only a shame i wont be able to avoid these driver issues going back to Nvidia since if switched AMD to avoid their driver issues and their driver issues still exist as well, and i know cos there already reports of tree flickering in world of warcraft on Nvidia gpu's as well cos if seen the proof.

This is depressing, i feel like talking to a wall if litterally been spamming bug reports and had zero solutions so far, but here's the funny part big issues that i can easily reproduce on older drivers are fixed on newer drivers, but driver stability is still awful so i can't use these drivers.