cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thedarkzek
Journeyman III

A question about the AMD adrenaline 2020 driver problem,

Hello, uh, i think 6 months ago i downloaded the AMD software to have a better performance at games and other things. but whenever i opened a game or did anything, the screen would go black, the windows sound and the screen opens again and right down in the corner it says that the driver crashed...i have a rx 550, i struggled with this a lot, for a week...and whenever i uninstalled it. my graphics card would dissapear, i would have a crappy intel graphic card

and i finnaly found a way after 1 week to install the driver again. 

and now i discovered that they fixed it? i mean a new update or something, and i want someone to confirm that its fixed, so i wont have to struggle again

1 Reply
athaki
Journeyman III

I'm running the 2.28.2020 AMD driver on an RX 470 and while it doesn't crash as often as it used to, it does still crash.  I like to play Fortnite with my kid and sometimes it's rock steady and other times it crashes before we can even get into a match.  Rebooting typically solves this issue.  I tried the April driver, but it didn't install cleanly so I had to use the AMD cleanup utility to recover.  

Bottom line: It's an improvement, but it's not a fix by any means (at least for my use case). 

0 Likes