Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flacofallas
Adept II

A lot of instalation events of high definition audio bus

Hi.

I recently install the latest drivers for my RX480 18.10.1. Since then, High definition audio bus installations appear very frequently. Audio seems to be fine, no problems in game. Only the constants installations. Someone with the same problem?

• AMD Graphics Card
    • RX480 XFX 8GB
  • Desktop
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel i5 7400

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
alphatau
Adept I

I can confirm that the new driver 19.1.2 works. I do an upgrade from version 18.8.1 to 19.1.2. The old driver was uninstalled in safe mode using DDU. No more annoying new installation-events of the HDMI Audio Bus. Great!

View solution in original post

100 Replies

Has anyone upgraded from 18.5.1 directly to 19.1.2?

If so how did it go?

0 Likes

I had 18.5.1 and went to 19.1.2 but I uninstalled with DDU first so

technically it was fresh to 19.1.2.

I think DDU is a necessary part of the process because it removes the HD

Audio Bus.

For me, DDU wasn't necessary.

I had pretty much given up trying a manual fix and was just going with updating every time one came out and with 19.1.1 the errors just stopped.

Mind you I was using the "Clean Install" option.

I upgraded from 18.5.1 directly to 19.1.2 using the clean install option.  I did another reboot after the installation was finished just to make sure.  I have not seen any re-installation events nor reboot requests.  I am running Windows 10 1809.

0 Likes

So far so good everyone. It's been about 8 hours with multiple reboots and I haven't seen the audio bus install again. You will need DDU v18.0.0.7 and the latest AMD driver (I used 19.1.2).

1. Open MSCONFIG (Windows key + R /  type msconfig).
  2. Go to 'Boot' tab and select 'Safe boot'. Hit 'Apply', hit 'OK' and it will ask you to restart.
  3. Open DDU v18.0.0.7
  4. Select the drop down for GPU and AMD. Select the 'Clean and Restart' option.
  5. Run installer for latest Radeon driver. Reboot.

I will keep an eye on it. Hopefully this is fixed.

Capture.PNGddu.PNGreliability.PNG

I haven't seen a notification either. However, I'm still getting that delay when rebooting in between the Windows 10 splash screen with the swirling dots and the prelogon screen. The screen goes black then you get some "backlighting" on the monitor with it staying black, if that makes sense. I assume it's still using this time to try and install the HD audio.

0 Likes

I'm not sure if that's the driver to be honest, I am not experiencing that. If you go back to 18.5.1 do you still get the delay?

Anything showing in your Event Viewer > System logs during the reboot?

0 Likes

Man, thanks a lot, no annoying message anymore! Chapeau!!

0 Likes

Very interested in this, i'm gonna give it a try. Thanks

0 Likes
alphatau
Adept I

I can confirm that the new driver 19.1.2 works. I do an upgrade from version 18.8.1 to 19.1.2. The old driver was uninstalled in safe mode using DDU. No more annoying new installation-events of the HDMI Audio Bus. Great!

gabzi
Adept I

Microsoft has new high definition audio bus driver.Device manager and manually update high definition audio bus driver to 18.41.0.0 from 1.8.2019

0 Likes
flacofallas
Adept II

I'm so glad to tell that 19.1.2 is working well. I used AMD cleanup utility, install, play some games, like 5 restarts to test...and no more annoying installations. Thanks to everybody.

0 Likes
ramchyld
Elite

Agreed that the problem appears to be finally fixed. I gave it several days to make sure the problem is really gone (I have this weird experience with the last two versions of the Radeon drivers where the popup would appear to be gone for one or two days and then come back, usually after a very random crash that would occur for no reason). It's been 5 days and I've not see that annoying popup ever again. Looks like it's gone for good.

I upgraded using the usual way- take machine offline, boot into safe mode, run DDU (made very sure I was using the latest version this time, last time I used a version of DDU that was several veesions behind simply because I wasn't bothered to go download an update), boot into normal mode, reinstall AMD Chipset drivers (DDU will remove it as part of the graphics drivers) and reinstall 19.1.2.

Thanks for reminding me about the chipset drivers. I forgot those get

uninstalled.

0 Likes
bloodykinggr
Adept II

Thank you guys for the feedback you gave glad to hear that the 19.1.2 works after ddu!

wolfstryder
Adept I

There is still the issue of the delay when booting up Windows 10. If I uninstall the AMD driver it boots fine, no delay. After I restart with it installed I get the delay.

0 Likes
bloodykinggr
Adept II

I can comfirm that the new 19.2.1 has no problem I did a clean install only no ddu's no nothing. Thank god they fixed it

Excellent!  Thanks for that.

And 9.2.1 FINALLY fixes the issue of being alerted there is an upgrade available when you are running an optional version that is more recent than the recommended version.

0 Likes

Just install 19.2.1, works perfect

0 Likes

Looks like 22.6.1 is doing this all over again. A driver downgrade automated on every reboot, asking me to reboot my machine again.

Also, the autodetecting minimal download is useless for my VM, as it attempts to install the motherboard drivers, which immediately fails because it's not an "AMD machine" even though it is, but it's running under Qemu KVM. Then it sits there forever until I manually terminate the autodetect process. Happens every time I make the mistake of grabbing the autodetect minimal installer.

Stanmore
Adept III

I disabled Windows Driver updates.

Got sick of the constant 'High Definition Audio Bus needs to restart to finish installation' message

On Win 11 Pro 22H2. Latest AMD drivers (22.11.2) and chipset drivers for our ageing 2700X/RX580X. Tried earlier GPU driver (22.5.1) and same issue.

0 Likes