Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

valhallagrunt
Journeyman III

990FX Chipset Raid drivers version 9.2.0.105 or better

This is what I got in Windows update today

The update to the new version of Windows 10 (1903) is on safety hold for driver issues. 

AMD RAID driver incompatibility

Microsoft and AMD have identified an incompatibility with AMD RAID driver versions earlier than 9.2.0.105. When you attempt to install the Windows 10, version 1903 update on a Windows 10-based computer with an affected driver version, the installation process stops and you get a message like the following:

AMD Ryzen™ or AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.

“A driver is installed that causes stability problems on Windows. This driver will be disabled. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on this version of Windows.”

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on devices with these AMD drivers from being offered Windows 10, version 1903, until this issue is resolved.
Affected platforms:
  • Client: Windows 10, version 1903
Resolution: This issue has been resolved externally by AMD. To resolve this issue, you will need to download the latest AMD RAID drivers directly from AMD at https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-tr4/x399. The drivers must be version 9.2.0.105 or later. Install the drivers on the affected computer, and then restart the installation process for the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update.

Note The safeguard hold will remain in place on machines with the older AMD RAID drivers. We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you.
So I looked for new drivers for my board which is 990FX based and the latest driver is 9.2.0.70 is there a new driver so my machine can continue to upgrade?
0 Likes
0 Replies