cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hupihu
Journeyman III

Re: 8970m won't work on Windows 10

i am not on w10 right now but i know the answer. i was selecting all apps in high performance and monitoring was showing high performance too. but sadly game was opening in intel.

i know all these basics moves but that card doesnt work on w10. its really disappointed..

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

What makes you think the game was using the Intel GPU?

If the monitor says it was running on the high performance GPU then it should be, as it monitors which GPU is being used. If the Intel was used, it would say Power Saving for that application.

Have you tried benchmarking the difference between Power Saving and High Performance?

0 Kudos
hupihu
Journeyman III

gpuz shows that when i open game (for example rocket league) intel works. but amd is stuck in 300mhz and do nothing.

its the same issue. i gave feedback many times to amd but there is no answer. and for a long time it is like that. how cant a gpu work on w10 when it works on w8.1? its really weird..

is there anything techs can do? for example try with teamviewer etc?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please use switchable graphics application monitor to check with GPU is being used and post a screenshot of your monitor here afterwards.

It's expected behaviour to show as disabled, because the laptop display is wired to your Intel iGPU.

0 Kudos
calcal88
Journeyman III

Ive been having exactly the same problem with the HD8670m graphics card.

I've been using Heven Benchmark which shows the source of the graphics processing to check and it only ever shows Intel HD Graphics being used.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3537 and tried every imaginable driver combination including auto detect and from Dell to resolve this but nothing seems to work!!

0 Kudos
cankalay
Adept I

Okay i have the same problem, which i also have a fix. But this fix is temporary and very stupid.

First plug-in a HDMI cable to the laptop, and to some TV. When the screen is split or transfarred what ever to the TV, HD8970M becomes the active GPU for the moment. After that plug off the HDMI cable and run any game you want. They will run on HD8970M. BUT: If you restart the computer, or put it in sleep mode you need to do exact same think after starting it back on. So like for 6 months, every single day, im plugging in my HDMI, plug it off, play games. Repeat.

0 Kudos