Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Wawat
Journeyman III

7900xtx Hogwarts legacy

hello,

I just bought an AMD card, it's the first time, I've been buying NVIDIA cards for 15 years now. Reassure me, the fact that there is still no driver for Hogwarts Legacy while the game was released yesterday, is not something usual? Because even Intel and Nvidia released the driver the day before the release.

It's not a little indie game?!

I have for example with a 7900xtx to put some parameters in low, because the bushes are displayed in white. The problem is only on the 7000 cards so it's a driver problem.

If this is usual, how long does it take them to propose a driver?

thank you

1 Solution
FrostyBud777
Adept II

new driver released today, it's working better for me in hogwarts. 

can run 4k 60 fps with taa low all ultra except high on fog, shadows, effects, post processing. rest ultra. 4k 60 fps any place in the game, wow , this is what 4k gaming is like? yes . yes please! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
FrostyBud777
Adept II

I feel your pain and share your story. 
Just upgraded from 3070ti and years of nvidia cards. Sick of nvidia and to think they would charge 900 for a 4070ti calling it a 4080 12 gb and evga leaving made me leave nvidia forever. 
I have 7700X cpu, asus x670 prime wifi mobo, and just got my first amd card in 15+ years. 7900 XTX Power Color Hell hound. I LOVE IT. 
My bushes are white too. 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2932110227

It seems nvidia and amd went all out for forspoken and drivers for that junk game and Hogwarts is getting little love and is 20X better than forspoken will ever be. 

SETTING ALL SETTINGS TO LOW MADE BUSHES NORMAL , FINALLY after 30 hours, THANK YOU FOR THIS POST. YOU HELPED ME , God bless you forever!
Now to find which settings caused the white bushes. 

0 Likes
FrostyBud777
Adept II

MATERIAL QUALITY SET TO LOW FIXES THE WHITE BUSHES finally!! after 38 hours of game runtime!!! (some was afk) 

0 Likes

Maybe the next driver 23.2.1 will improve or optimize this game.

0 Likes
nanisnico
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have just found a more recent version of the Adrenalin software, version 23.1.2, what I do not understand is how to be informed that an update is available? because in the software it tells me that I am up to date, while I have version 23.1.1.

Is there anything to check in the application, to have the latest updates automatically, and not only the WHQL updates?

0 Likes

i think that was just for forspoken but not a stable overall pure real driver update. 

0 Likes

looks like a mix between both, as the multidisplay high powerusage is back again with 23.1.2. Was better in 23.1.1 (but still not good)

0 Likes
FrostyBud777
Adept II

new driver released today, it's working better for me in hogwarts. 

can run 4k 60 fps with taa low all ultra except high on fog, shadows, effects, post processing. rest ultra. 4k 60 fps any place in the game, wow , this is what 4k gaming is like? yes . yes please! 

Lightness
Adept I

does it work with Ray tracing activated ? because me i have a RX6800 which stuttering randomly and after 23.1.2 more games work well again (goodbye Awful "PCI BUS") but hogwarts go back to desktop with no reason : memory 32gb no-XMP (standard), RX 6800 16GB in 1080p only, Ryzen 9 3900X and don't know where is the problem (i have a fresh install of windows 11 with Power in high on parameters... and Temp under 70 C GPU and 55 C CPU

0 Likes

I can't do ray tracing in it yet. Waiting for updates for now. Hoping even better game patches and adrenaline drivers come out in future months. 

0 Likes