Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

7900xtx default max frequency

hello ,

i a happy new owner of a asus 7900xtx "made by amd", and just have a question about default setting in adrenalin panel , as i see default max frequency set to 2995 mhz ... i think this is weird because maybe too high and if i'm right could lead to game crashes ...,so for now i set it to 2500mhz and everything is ok, so my question is :  do someone know the default value that i should set as default max freq for this stock card ?

regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

mmmh ... by playing with the settings of my card for 3hours now , i'm starting to wonder if this 2995mhz value is intentionnal in fact ...maybe the card is automatically ajusting  every thing to the max without crashing within it's power draw max (because if i set the 2500 value , it never consumes more than 340-350W, but the card is designed to handle 400W+ i think ...)... if i increase max freq to 2750 , than the gpu consumption is more about 400W and fan are more utilized while still staying at max 82° junction temps ...

wondering if amd did something that never crash until maybe some undervolting ?

well in fact it seems different to rdna2 for what i see there

0 Likes
ZeroFame
Adept I

Did you switch to OC bios on a card? It can draw up to 455 Is what I seen on my red devil IC with 3 - 8 pins

0 Likes