cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lulups
Adept I

7900 XTX Alt-tab out of game = slow pc

Just swapped an RTX 4080 for a 7900 XTX so I could have better performance in COD MWII at 4K.

Loving the card so far and getting the uplift I expected however:

Whenever I alt-tab out of games my entire system runs like poop, I can barely browse the internet and videos on youtube do not play. I've tried DDU on the drivers and reinstall - is this a bug?

5 Replies
gigoorin
Journeyman III

Glad I aint the only one. Same for myself with the rx7900xt

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

You would not happen to have some screen recording on? Recording desktop requires extra rights and recording copyrighted video material might cause another issue. This kind of sounds like some overlay issue. Maybe for testing, disable Radeon overlay or if you use some other software to record something or bring other software visible while gaming, disable them for testing.

0 Likes
Lulups
Adept I

No screen recording or anything like that. I thought it might be Radeon adrenaline overlay but I disabled that. Basically can't use windows when alt-tab out of the game. File explorer doesn't work, chrome, it's like theres a ten second delay between clicking buttons and anything happening. 

Specs

5800X3D

3600Mhz DDR4 32GB C18

7900 XTX Reference Board (Sapphire)

M.2 SN850 SSD GEN 4

0 Likes

So I just re-installed windows completely. This seems to fix the slow down on alt tab. But now COD quits when I alt tab.

0 Likes
Xt
Adept I

Because you install windows and the COD files corrupted. You need to reinstalled the game.