cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ReeceXW
Journeyman III

7900 XT VR causing driver to crash

I am unable to run most VR applications for more than 30 seconds without the driver crashing with a "driver timeout" error.

My setup:

• i7 13700k (base settings)
  • Sapphire 7900 XT
  • 1000w Corsair PSU
  • 32GB Corsair 6400 CL32 RAM
  • Valve Index Headset

I have tried the last 3 driver revisions, using DDU to remove previous ones. I have tried installing with driver only mode. I have fully updated Windows 11 Pro 22H2. I have scanned and repaired Windows & SteamVR. I can run stress tests & play non-vr titles without issue

3 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

for what i know current vr problem with these gpu are only about performance... so crashing may be related to something else ... can you play normally in non VR mode ?

maybe check with RAM on default , no DOCP/XMP/...

vishvajit
Adept III

1. Check the cables and connections: Make sure all the cables and connections between your VR headset and PC are secure and properly connected.

2. Update the firmware of your VR headset: Make sure that the firmware of your VR headset is up-to-date.

3. Check for Windows and SteamVR updates: Make sure that both Windows and SteamVR are fully updated.

4. Reduce the graphics quality: Try reducing the graphics quality in the VR settings to see if this resolves the issue.

5. Contact the VR headset manufacturer: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the VR headset manufacturer for support.

6. Check your PC specifications: Make sure your PC meets the minimum specifications required to run VR applications.

7. Try using an older driver version: If you have tried using the latest driver version, consider trying an older version to see if this resolves the issue.

8. Try using a different PC: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider trying to run the VR application on a different PC to see if the issue is specific to your current setup.

0 Likes
delevero
Adept III

I have the same problem with the graphics driver of the 7900xtx crash when i start my vr headset.
I have a pimax 8kx and no matter how i connect the cables ( what display port and usb ect ) and no matter if i use hdmi or dp for my montior and 60-144hz then when i start the pimax software to activate my headset then
my headset when the headset activate the vr lences then the graphic card driver crash and freeze the computer every time. I also tried to remove my monitor and only use vr to see if that will at least allow me to turn on the vr headset but not.. So it have nothing to do with a conflict with my monitor of these settings.
I also tried with 2 differetn graphic graphic drivers.
I think its have something to do with i have a pimax 8kx that end with the manufature number 2075  since another use have the same issue with the same vr headset. But not 100% sure.

Only way i can play or use vr and even get into the settings of my vr headset is to install my old 6900xt graphics card els vr does not work at all on the 7900xtx  ( i have the XFX Radeon RX 7900XTX MERC310 Black Edition 2 )
I have spoken to xfx and pimax and both confirm that its properbly a driver problem and i should be patient.
I have not yet desided but maybe i ask for a refund in a few days from now and buy an 4080rtx instead since i have no idea how long ti will take before it gona work, and then there are the other performance issue with the 7900xtx also.. honestly the driver for the 7900xtx was not ready for release it simply does not work good enough and
I dont want to be a "beta" tester for the next example 6 month before everything work as it should.

0 Likes