Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mbridd
Journeyman III

7870 HDMI audio - No Device Found

Hi

Currently pulling out what hair I have left

Recent fresh install, motherboard no longer has a onboard audio card. I was hoping to use the Graphics card HDMI audio passthrough however have ran into issues

As it currently stands the audio device doesnt show up in the tray pastedImage_1.png orpastedImage_2.pngsound devices. The monitor is a samsung B2330HD and I have previously used the passthrough, I have tried different HDMI cables also.

The device however does show in task manager under system devices, By default it always reverted to the Microsoft driver

pastedImage_7.png

I did manage to find existing AMD Audio drivers and have attempted using them with no luck also

pastedImage_6.png

I have also installed the drivers for the monitor not that i see what difference that would make

pastedImage_8.png

Specs for the machine:

Epyc 7252

MZ01-CE1

32GB DDR4 2933MHz ECC

XFX 7870 2GB GHZ Edition

I initally had the GPU and Audio passed through in a KVM vm in ubuntu, graphics worked flawlessly I just couldnt work out why the audio did not. Ran a baremetal windows 10 install same issue, trying to solve it on baremetal then apply it to the vm.

All help appreciated

Many Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies

I see that you are using a Server AMD Processor EPYC 7252 and a Server Motherboard.

I not familiar with Server hardware but according to your Motherboard specs it doesn't mention Windows 10 consumer version as being compatible: MZ01-CE1 (rev. 1.x) | Server Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

For Motherboard Rev 2.x compatible with EPYC 7001/7002 series processors:

For Motherboard Rev 1.x compatible with only EPYC 7001 series processors:

Maybe you should try to install Windows Server 2019 instead of Windows 10 Pro and see if everything works correctly. Just guessing.

I realize that Windows 10 Pro and Windows Server 2019 are very similar OSes but maybe some Server feature in Windows 2019 will make your Audio work correctly.

0 Likes

By the way, Since you are using a Server AMD Processor and Motherboard, In the future you might want to ask in a more appropriate AMD Forums for Servers: AMD Server Gurus‌ but you would probably need to ask here first to get "Whitelisted" to use the AMD Server Gurus forum: Newcomers Start Here

AMD Server Gurus are for Users and IT Pros that use EPYC processors and Server Hardware and software.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I've attempted amd adrenaline install on server 19 but I will have to manually install the drivers as it won't run on the os (again it will probably decline). I can trial on Ubuntu since I was using 18.04 lts and its supposedly supported by both the amd software and motherboard.

Not sure what difference the motherboard being supported would make? I managed to install all the mobo drivers in win10.

I have another machine I can put the card into to trail the drivers in general also

0 Likes

If all else fails then open an online AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

LIke i mentioned, Windows 10 Pro is basically the same as Windows Server 2019 except that Windows Server 2019 has Server features added to it.

Open a thread at

See if anyone there can help you.

by the way, here is the latest AMD Driver for your HD7870 GPU card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7870-g... 

0 Likes