cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

misteright
Adept II

Re: 75hz causing issues when using RX 5600 XT

My monitor doesn't have DP. The game is even running like a nightmare at 1440p 75hz. Bandwith is not the problem since at 4k 60hz my NUNS4 running just fine. The problem is centered around refresh rate. at 1440p 75hz even NUNS4 will have heavy choppiness which is not happened with my RX 580.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

misteright wrote:

My monitor doesn't have DP. The game is even running like a nightmare at 1440p 75hz. Bandwith is not the problem since at 4k 60hz my NUNS4 running just fine. The problem is centered around refresh rate. at 1440p 75hz even NUNS4 will have heavy choppiness which is not happened with my RX 580.

I buy more expensive panels that come with DisplayPort. Reason is clear when the 10-bit color and 4:4:4 chromaticity all want more bandwidth.

0 Likes
misteright
Adept II

Yeah but still that is not the solution. The problem is the driver or card behavior when using 75hz monitor when playing fixed 60fps games. Arkham knight, the witcher 3 is running fine at 1440 75hz, even i could play gta v at 1800p 75hz. But when it comes to fixed 60fps games (basically all fighting game), the game will run at 60fps but what displayed feels like 40ish fps.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Part of the problem is the VESA standard was built around 60 Hz.

My 4K panel can handle 3840x2160, 2560x1440, 1920x1080 and remaining VESA modes,

Can you link to your LCD product page so I can take a closer look.

0 Likes
misteright
Adept II

LG 24MK600M-B: 24 Inch Class Full HD IPS LED Monitor with Radeon FreeSync™ (24'' Diagonal) | LG USA  

Thanks for your help. But when i switched back to RX 580 everything is back to normal, 75hz problem dissapear. So i think we already eleminate the possibility, eh?

Also there's an update, freesync also broken on unlocked fps game (at first i thought it just on fixed 60fps game), when i run my gta v at 1800p with freesync on i got 40-50ish fps but when i turn it off i could reach 70~ easily. Amd driver need serious treatment.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

misteright wrote:

LG 24MK600M-B: 24 Inch Class Full HD IPS LED Monitor with Radeon FreeSync™ (24'' Diagonal) | LG USA  

Thanks for your help. But when i switched back to RX 580 everything is back to normal, 75hz problem dissapear. So i think we already eleminate the possibility, eh?

Also there's an update, freesync also broken on unlocked fps game (at first i thought it just on fixed 60fps game), when i run my gta v at 1800p with freesync on i got 40-50ish fps but when i turn it off i could reach 70~ easily. Amd driver need serious treatment.

Thanks for the panel info. Given the RX 580 is working and the RX 5700 XT is not suggests drivers are configuring the card properly.

Recent drivers for my RX 480 have been horrible but 20.4.1 is working much better than the all previous drivers this year. I am on a fresh install of Window.

0 Likes
misteright
Adept II

Yeah i'm playing MK11 with my RX 580 maxed out at 1440p 75hz, no problem so far. I mean 600 hours of gameplay and never had any problem with rx 580 lol. So what is your opinion? The driver is the culprit or something is wrong with my hardware?

I guess no rx 5600 xt users reporting about this because let's be honest this card just come out about 2-3 months ago and how many people has it let alone using it with 75hz monitor while playing fixed 60fps games. Just my assumption though. I don't know the real data. I post about this matter on mk11 and doa 6 forums and no rx 5600 xt with 75hz monitor show up. I post this on amd groups in my country and some people with rx 5600 xt and 75hz show up but none of them are playing fixed 60fps games, kinda hard to track. .-.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

misteright wrote:

Yeah i'm playing MK11 with my RX 580 maxed out at 1440p 75fps, no problem so far. I mean 600 hours of gameplay and never had any problem with rx 580 lol. So what is your opinion? The driver is the culprit or something is wrong with my hardware?

I guess no rx 5600 xt users reporting about this because let's be honest this card just come out about 2-3 months ago and how many people has it let alone using it with 75hz monitor while playing fixed 60fps games. Just my assumption though. I don't know the real data. I post about this matter on mk11 and doa 6 forums and no rx 5600 xt with 75hz monitor show up. I post this on amd groups in my country and some people with rx 5600 xt and 75hz show up but none of them are playing fixed 60fps games, kinda hard to track. .-.

way more gripes over the RX 5700 cards, suggests drivers are still in need of more work on them

0 Likes
misteright
Adept II

5700 Navi Clock frequency down clocking & fluctuating causing stuttering and poor performance 

I just realize my problem has correlation with this. After reading this post i decided to monitoring my core clock and boom there you are the culprit. A lot of things are broken with amd driver apparently. The effect is not that big with 60hz but it's clearly a killer with 75hz.

0 Likes
misteright
Adept II

https://community.amd.com/thread/249063 

I just realize my problem has correlation with this. After reading this post i decided to monitoring my core clock and boom there you are the culprit. A lot of things are broken with amd driver apparently. The effect is not that big with 60hz but it's clearly a killer with 75hz.

0 Likes