cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

7 Ways to Fix Game Stuttering Windows 10/11

Way 1. Turn off Windows Game Bar and Game DVR

In order to fix the computer stuttering issue, you can choose to turn off Windows Game Bar and Game DVR first.

Now, here is the tutorial.

1. Press Windows key and I key together to open Settings.

2. In the Settings window, click Gaming to continue.

3. Go to the Game bar panel and turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.

4. Then go to Game DVR tab and turn off Record in the background while I’m playing a game.

After that, exit the Settings window and check whether the game stuttering Windows 10 issue has been resolved.

Way 2. Update the Graphics Card Driver

To fix the issue game stuttering Windows 10, you can try updating the graphics card driver.

1. Press Windows key and R key together to open Run dialog. 

2. In the box, type dxdiag and hit Enter to continue.

3. Then note down the OS details in the System tab.

4. After that, navigate to the Display tab, note down the graphics card, manufacturer, and current driver version details.

5. Open the website of the graphics driver manufacturer, and download the latest graphics driver compatible with your platform.

6. After that, install it on your computer.

When all steps are finished, reboot your computer and check whether the error game stuttering Windows 10 is fixed.

Way 3. Turn off Intel Turbo Boost

In order to fix computer stuttering issue, you can try turning off Intel Turbo Boost.

2. Then type powercfg.cpl in the dialog and click OK to continue.

3. In the pop-up window, click Change plan settings to continue.

4. Then click Change advanced power settings.

5. Expand Processor power management.

6. Expand the Maximum processor rate.

7. Adjust the On battery and Plugged in values to 99%.

8. Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.

When all steps are finished, reboot your computer and check whether the error PC stuttering is solved.

Way 4. Turn off Dynamic Tick

In order to solve the error gaming stuttering, you can choose to turn off dynamic tick.

1. Open the Command Prompt as administrator.

2. In the Command line window, type the following commands and hit Enter to continue.

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy Enhanced

When it is finished, reboot your computer and check whether the error game stuttering Windows 10 is solved.

Way 5. Turn off Background Software Before Running Games

If there are too many programs running in the background, computer performance would be affected. So, in order to fix game stuttering Windows 10 issue, you can choose to stop apps from running in the background before playing games.

1. Right-click on the Taskbar and choose Task Manager.
  2. Then navigate to the Processes tab,
  3. Select the program you want to disable and click End Task.
  4. You can also turn off third-party services to free up more RAM by double-click a service under Background Then right-click the service and select Stop.

After all steps are finished, check whether the issue game stuttering Windows 10 is fixed.

Way 6. Turn off the Diagnostic Policy Service

To fix stuttering in games, you can also try turning off the diagnostic policy service.

2. Type services.msc in the box and click OK to continue.
  3. Scroll down to find out Diagnostic Policy Service and double-click it to continue.
  4. In the pop-up window, change the Startup type to Disabled.
  5. Change the Service status to stopped.
  6. Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.

Way 7. Enable V-Sync

The last way to solve the issue game stuttering Windows 10 is to enable V-Sync. Now, here is the tutorial.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
  2. Click 3D Settings and select Manage 3D settings to open further options.
  3. Then select Force on option on the Vertical sync.
  4. Right-click the desktop and select the AMD Radeon Settings option.
  5. Click Global Settings on the AMD Radeon Settings window.
  6. Click Wait for Vertical Refresh to select the Enhanced Sync optio

After that, check whether the error game stuttering Windows 10 is fixed.

https://www.minitool.com/news/game-stuttering-windows-10.html

10 Replies

Hi

I'm wondering if you are a developer or high level supporter. Anyway appears to me that you are sick and tired of many people with that amount of morons and idiots you mention. I admit - way too many people give up too easy - way too many just say - it's the driver and have no clue how their computer works - and perhaps they should not - perhaps it's ok to have a plug and play system and then launch game and fire and forget and not thinking.

I'm from a time where building your own computer was not plug and play - no auto setup - motherboard was jumpers and dip-switches - bios was way more simple and you had to type in memory timings and other settings - you had to deal with the IRQ # and sooner in the dos days you had to tweak the config.sys to be able to launch a game because of this 640 kb limit. So I'm one of the guys that do not give up easy.

You mention a lot of stuff - much of which you cannot expect normal people to know about. 

From several of your posts - there is no doubt you like AMD very much and I agree to that - AMD is different to Intel and nvidia. And graphics wise - I now have visuals I never had with my gtx 1080 - not sure exactly what it is and why - just look better. Playing BF5 on ultra - kids came in - wow are you playing with ray trace on - and no - just ultra as in the game + HDR enabled. So AMD has something and I will buy next cpu and gpu again from AMD.

But I will also say - they could improve in the driver section. Kind of a game mode full performance setting - like fire and forget for the not so skilled people. Way too many things you need to do yourself. Like disable ULPS, raise the min clock because some games (I know bad coders) throttle down and you get this inconsistent fps. When people compare with nvidia ( I like adrenaline way more) - their control panel have this power setting where you say full throttle and that just works.

I myselv is new to AMD graphics wise (6900 xt) and must say some of the stuff you mention I have never heard of / know where to find:

!!!!!HARDWARETRUEVISUAL2NEXT!!!!

!!!!HARDWARETRUEAUDIO2NEXT!!!!!

!!!!!!HARDWARETRUEVIDEOCORE2NEXT!!!!

HARDWARETRUEULTRARENDER2NEXT

AMD driver settings ? Windows settings ? Game settings ?

If that makes me idiot or moron - then I'm fine with that - you never stop learning and I'm not a developer.

AMD driver vs game vs developer... way to many people think it's the driver whenever they have an error - never look in direction of the game and that puzzles me. Take Control - that game runs perfect on AMD in dx 12 0 stuttering - then compare to BF5 and dx12 - lots of stutter... AMD driver or game ? Then again warzone and this single Caldera map (or what it's called) - 99 % of all games no stutter - Warzone game - all maps works no stutter - then one single map - stutter and then it's the driver ???

Ending comment - people are not idiots or morons - we are just at different skill levels and we need to educate and spread the knowledge so we all can learn !

0 Likes
redoctober45
Adept I

Come on dude.  I have used nvidida GPU's for many years and I have never seen these kind of stuttering issues until I came back to AMD with a 6950xt.  I had a 3080 in the exact same system before my 6950xt, did a complete reinstall of Windows so no driver issues and games that worked perfect before now stutter.  Now, it is only a few games that do this but they are games I like to play nonetheless like Fortnite and Destiny 2.

It is beyond ridiculous to spend $1000 on a GPU and have to do all these low level hacks to make it work.  There is either some driver issue that still needs resolved or AMD is keeping tight lipped on some design flaw with the 6000 series cards.

Hi

agree you should not do a lot of things to make it run perfect - Amd needs to make this part better. Still strange that some people have stuttering and some not. Take the 2 games you mention - go to youtube and see the games in action on some 6000 series card. Most likely no stutter at all. Monitor gsync or freesync monitor ? 

I had problems at first with my 6900 xt and my gsync only monitor. Now new monitor with freesync premium 2 and now zero stutter !

I will buy Amd cpu and gpu again no doubt !

I bought a new monitor too because I wanted a second one and figured might as well get a Freesync Premium, same issue (other one was a basic adaptive sync in the driver settings).  But I did try every setting in existence I found with no luck, however, what I discovered is the stuttering only happens while the shader cache is being built from exploring the maps and playing.  However, once it's done no more stuttering.  But manually clear the cache or do a driver install and it has to rebuild again.

Their latest driver known issues says Fortnite has stuttering on 6950xt so it might just be this card has some new bugs (I'm hoping!).

But I still like AMD more even with the issues lol.  These cards run so much cooler and quieter (3080 was a rocket ship) and this new Adrenaline is pretty sweet.  This was the first AMD card I owned in probably 8 years.

0 Likes

Another thing to remember - many games was developed with nvidia in mind - on nvidia cards. Perhaps many of the games out there use settings specially made for nvidia.

Have a look at this one where you need to edit some file to disable nvidia reflex as this was set pr default !

https://youtu.be/yMlYkLzszMU

same problem here.

5600x and 6800. had a 3070 before with 0 game issues.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

This is a decent guide to deal with some of the issues people have with their setups. I personally have had very few issues but this is one guide I would look at if I had any that were game breaking. I hope this post helps people. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Buy a key for windows, to fix game stuttering?

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

I did not known AMD gpu's came with Nvidia control panel

0 Likes
LordOdin
Adept II

I was worried i had bought a duff RX5700 XT as when i was playing Fallout 76 i was getting 55 fps max at 1080p, i did a bit of searching and came across a fix that had nothing to do with the GPU. I changed 1 number from a 1 to a 0 in the ini file and last time i played i was getting 166 fps at 1440p. Shocked is an understatement. It shows us that in some cases it's not always the GPU at fault but whatever game or software your using.

0 Likes