Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CreativeXtent
Adept II

6900xt Problems FPS drop

Hey there all!

I am having issues with my card. I am having massive FPS drops in games. A good example is DiabloIII drops from 200 frames to 20 or so constantly. or Overwatch  will drop from 300-400 fps to 10 or 20 and back up.

i have the power slider up to 15% and it did not help.

My computer has no other issues and i tested all parts in my computer. the last is the graphics card.

Any ideas folks?

0 Likes
9 Replies

If your motherboard supports and runs the GPU in  PCIe 4.0,  switch it back to PCIe 3.0 mode in BIOS Settings.
Some claim it fixes the problem.

0 Likes

wont that limit performance though?

0 Likes

Still having the issue

0 Likes
EFermi
Miniboss

What driver version are you on? Do you have enhanced sync / anti-lag enabled? Do you run any overlays in background (e.g. steam overlay or performance monitoring)? Have you tried disabling every disablable stuff in "Windows control panel" - "Gaming"?

Hi there EFermi,

Ive tried driver versions 21.3.2 and 21.3.1.

I have tried with the sync and anti lag disabled and enabled. same issues.

all overlays from amd and any other program are disabled.

all gaming windows junk is disabled.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, there's little I can advise in this regard since I have neither of those games you named, so I cannot check for myself. 

What about earlier drivers (21.2.3, 21.1.2)? Do they also stutter?

0 Likes

Hey there. Yeah all drivers are doing this

Does AMD have any official support? 

0 Likes

The last thing I could advise is "run as administrator" and "disable fullscreen optimizations" in game .exe properties section. Otherwise, I'm really out of ideas. 

You can create an issue report in the driver control panel system settings ("launch bug report tool"), but if there are only a couple such reports from ppl having issues, it won't be fixed anytime soon anyways. 

Spoiler
foutexamople.pngflatoutSSAA.png
0 Likes

Thank you for the help either way

There is hundreds of us with the fps/stutter/driver crashing problem. No idea if it will be fixed anytime soon.

0 Likes