Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

celeryfox
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: 6900xt Constant crashes

I had horrible results with 21.2.2. Driver version 21.2.1 is super stable for me.

0 Kudos
greendizze
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi everyone,

I installed my Sapphire 6900xt on saturday and had some issues.

Installation of drivers went well the first time round. However the system crashed with no error or BSOD when i started a game of warzone.

After the crash, the computer would reboot before reaching the windows login screen. I had to go to safe mode and DDU the driver, for me to enter to normal windows mode. However, whenever i try to install the GPU drivers again, the system would crash during the installation. then, i have to go through the same process of using ddu in safe mode for it to boot again.

System:

MSI tomahawk x570 wifi

Ryzen 9 5900x 

superflower leadex gold 850W

Gskillz DDR4 3200MHZ 32 GB

Arctic Liquid Freezer II rev 3

Phanteks Evolv X 

Windows 10 Home latest patch.

Things i have tried:

Reinstall windows 10

Reinstall AMD chipset

Reinstall AMD GPU drivers (multiple versions) ( installing only GPU driver without adrenalin )

Reseat RAM, GPU

Turning off fast boot

Turning SAM on / off

Using PCIE 3.0/4.0

VGA power connected through 2 different cables

0 Kudos
xlox
Miniboss
Miniboss

@greendizzethat type of crash with reboot , in my view , first guess , can come from ram timings or psu ... did you try to  do a clear cmos and let ram timings on defaults and then test ?

fastest way to check the card i think is to test it in another computer ... with minimum 850w psu too, if you can do that it could make you gain some time if you didn't find any solution until now

btw no oc what so ever?

0 Kudos
greendizze
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi 

Yes i did try to reset the bios.

Too bad i do not have another 850W PSU

0 Kudos