cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

throwaway1234567
Journeyman III

How to troubleshoot stability issues with a 6900 XT

Having problems with my 6900xt, i get constant crashes in every game - the only way to fix this so far has been to set max frequency and voltage to 80%, but this isnt ideal

removed old nvidia drivers with DDU and installed new radeon drivers, any other benchmark other than furmark crashes and most games crash on menu load - except from CSGO

What i've tried

- Double checked 8 pin power cables arent splitting off of 1 cable

- Reinstalling windows, Same problem

- Reinstalling drivers

i assumed this was a problem with power draw somehow (Even though i have a 1000w PSU) so i ran furmark at 1080p and my power draw hit 300W, no crashes

Not really sure what else to try, sent a support request to AMD but probably wont hear back for a few weeks

87 Replies

@greendizzethat type of crash with reboot , in my view , first guess , can come from ram timings or psu ... did you try to  do a clear cmos and let ram timings on defaults and then test ?

fastest way to check the card i think is to test it in another computer ... with minimum 850w psu too, if you can do that it could make you gain some time if you didn't find any solution until now

btw no oc what so ever?

0 Likes

Hi 

Yes i did try to reset the bios.

Too bad i do not have another 850W PSU

0 Likes

I have Amd 6900xt on Asus 570x . On all benchmark on full load (255 270w) not have crash on full load ..o have only crash on game . Example Doom . The crash Is random buy example not at full load . 

0 Likes
Fl1nch
Adept I

I’m having the same issue with a 6800XT and I’ve realized we are far from the only ones.

No one has had any solution thus far, I have an email in to amd and powercolor, we’ll see what their customer service brings to the table, providing I receive a response.

0 Likes

I have used R9270X, Reference 5700xt and Sapphire Pulse 5700xt and also Gtx 1070ti, RTX 2080 super and now rtx 3060ti.

The simple fact is I have always faced many such problems as sleep wake issue, system freezes, driver crashes, game crashes on AMD cards. I have never faced any issue even once with Nvidia cards. AMD ppl will make you go round and round in circles by saying its a ram issue, a monitor issue, psu, windows etc etc

Its100% a driver INCOMPETENCE issue with AMD. With Nvidia, I hate to say but it just works.

0 Likes
B4uAsK
Journeyman III

Hi Playing Fortnite after getting PC shop to fit the 6900XT just keeps crashing, I had the same thing with my 5900X CPU Crash after crash, once windows updated it kinda stopped crashing. This is just NUTS you spend a life's worth of cash for what they say is the BEST then it just freezes and crashes on you.

0 Likes
shore_rider54
Journeyman III

PROBLEM SOLVED! 

I had this problem and tried EVERYTHING to fix it.  New power supply (went to a 1000w Gold from a 850W Gold), new motherboard, new cables, etc.  It turns out it was my POWER BAR.  I was using a Monster 1600 power conditioner and it would cut out when my GPU spiked.  I use my gaming computer on my LG CX1 55" 4k tv, so figured I should plugin there too with my amp home theater.   I would suggest however that anyone with a 6900 XT should have at least a 1000W power supply.  Also, some power supplies have compatible GPU lists, make sure your GPU is on that list if they have one.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

If you are experiencing stability issues with your 6900 XT, please refer to and follow the troubleshooting document which if followed, should help you identify the cause of your issue.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/ts-tips

If after following that document and applying all of the recommendations, please open a new discussion and provide the information required  below so that the community can offer suggestions.

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

0 Likes