cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lou23
Adept I

6900xt - 5600x stutters and buzzing audio glitches - stops when I enable AMD screen record

I'm in a world of pain. I thought it was related to the fTPM issues, but even after updating to the latest bios I still have the same issue which is weirdly resolved when I enable recording through the AMD overlay.

The issue is mostly audio glitches, like someone is touching a unprotected audio cable for halve a second. I tried anything I could think of, complete reinstalls of windows and all drivers, tried different cables for my PS5 controller. Removed all dongles etc. The only thing that seems to work is enabling the screen recorder.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I only have it while playing cyberpunk or death stranding, days gone is fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, same effect for me on a 5700XT with a 5800X (**bleep** similar numbers!). Some games would have those short annoying freezes with sometimes graphical corruption, and if they last more than half a second, Windows would consider it a critical error and die. The hard crashes only started two or three days ago.

Really try disabling Enhanced Sync.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lou23
Adept I

Latencymon also gives warnings on the DirectX kernel and wdf01000.sys

I find it really peculiar it stops when I start recording my screen. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Is this forum even active?

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept II

I've had stutters that felt like complete system freezes in DCS and Raft, and in the last two days it even led to complete system freezes that Windows reported as Bugcheck 0x133 (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) in various parts of the system (dxgmms2 and a part of the AMD drivers themselves).

It seems like disabling AMD Advanced Sync alleviates that somewhat. Screen recording tends to do its own frame rate limiting, so that may explain why recording stops the issue for you.

For me it's like half a second max, buzzing audio errors. I tried limiting my frames in game, I locked it to 60, but it didn't really alleviate the problem, only the screen recorder does.

It's driving me insane tbh.

0 Likes

Yes, same effect for me on a 5700XT with a 5800X (**bleep** similar numbers!). Some games would have those short annoying freezes with sometimes graphical corruption, and if they last more than half a second, Windows would consider it a critical error and die. The hard crashes only started two or three days ago.

Really try disabling Enhanced Sync.

**bleep**, it worked, thanks buddy!

0 Likes