Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

finmar
Journeyman III

6900 XT black screen during installation

Hi,

Sorry for yet another black screen post (and for the bad grammar). I've read all the notorious black screen posts i could find and tried their solutions but am still unable to find a fix for my issue.
I just installed my 6900 XT and during the driver installation i get a black screen. I've tried different drivers but all yield the same result. Music also keeps playing so the pc itself is not crashing. Also after rebooting, right after seeing the bios i'm hit with the black screen again.

In safe boot i do have my screen back and am able to remove my drivers again using DDU. Where afterwards im able to boot 'normal' again and have my display back again. Right up until i try to install any version of driver.

I've litterally tried each tip i could find online and especially on this forum. But am still unable to resolve this, so here's me making a post since im quite desperate. 

---

Specs:

All clocks are running at stock/default for now.

B550 AORUS ELITE
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
2x8 GB Crucial ballistix bl8g36c16u4wl, 3600 MHz w/XMP but now running stock
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

---

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
finmar
Journeyman III

Maybe for interesting for others having the same issue: I finally got it to work after following the next steps:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-event-id-10016-distri...
  2. boot in safe boot
  3. remove everything using DDU
  4. reboot in safe boot again
  5. Install drivers
  6. Reboot, in bios set my XMP profile on my memory
  7. It worked!

Although im happy since i yesterday was finally able to play some games and they worked perfectly.. Today i boot my pc and for some reason every few minutes (differs 1-5min) i get a black screen. It's just a second or two and then it works again, but it's not a good sign i'd say :P.

Just thought i'd mention it. I'll close this post since the innitial issue is solved. Cheers everyone who took the time reading it and tried to come up with a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
finmar
Journeyman III

Maybe for interesting for others having the same issue: I finally got it to work after following the next steps:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-event-id-10016-distri...
  2. boot in safe boot
  3. remove everything using DDU
  4. reboot in safe boot again
  5. Install drivers
  6. Reboot, in bios set my XMP profile on my memory
  7. It worked!

Although im happy since i yesterday was finally able to play some games and they worked perfectly.. Today i boot my pc and for some reason every few minutes (differs 1-5min) i get a black screen. It's just a second or two and then it works again, but it's not a good sign i'd say :P.

Just thought i'd mention it. I'll close this post since the innitial issue is solved. Cheers everyone who took the time reading it and tried to come up with a solution.

0 Likes