cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DavidKin
Adept I

6800XT New Installation Black Screen No Signal After Driver installation. Unusable

Per the topic

Ryzen 5950X
OLOy 128gb Ram (No XMP Profile On) also tried with Corsair Dominators(16x2)
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master (F11 Bios 12/31/2020)
XFX Speedster 6800XT Merc319
**Tried all settings (PCIe Gen2 Gen3 Gen4)

I have been unable to correctly install any of the 20.11. or 20.12 drivers for the said product. It boots up fine in post POST and Windows with Basic Windows Adaptor, but upon installation either thru the auto detect app or the actual driver app, it immediately results in "locked state of perpetual no signal black screen" in both POST and Windows.

This locked state remains until 1-I replace the card, 2- wait until windows show up with a diagnostics with safe mode where I get to uninstall the driver. This all done and tested with AMD's removal tool, DDU and also checking on Factory Reset on the Driver installation options.

I was however able to get windows to install a 6800XT driver from AMD, but this involved installing the driver and software in normal mode, booting into safe mode to uninstall driver, using device manager to update driver by pointing to the extracted AMD driver location, then rebooting into normal mode to reinstall the entire driver again. Thereby completing the Radeon software installation.

However this method seems like a complete façade. Because the moment I ran any DirectX task, games and or benchmark or things with hardware acceleration. It immediately crashes and goes back into its lock back screen no signal state. (Please note that this is even with me turning off all extras and using standard mode in Radeon Software)

I cant tell at this point if this card is fault or the drivers are.. There aren't more solutions out there. and everyone's option is to simply refund the card, because there just isn't any working solution. Meanwhile I'm being put on a crazy unknown waiting list because no one knows when there will even be a replacement options.

5 Replies
DavidKin
Adept I

I might want to add that the MoBO works perfectly fine when another graphics card is installed on it

0 Likes

If you're using DisplayPort try HDMI. I had same/similar symptoms and issues using DisplayPort and can confirm others have also reported having trouble with DP on the 6xxx cards. HDMI seems fine. 

0 Likes

I also tried HDMI(various cables) and Displayport. Didnt make a difference. Wouldn't it make sense that all its ports should be working anyways.. that anything less should be considered defective? 

0 Likes
whyitnowork
Journeyman III

I am having the same exact problem with my ASRock RX 6800, and have been scouring the web for a solution. But nothing has worked. I haven't tried you facade method yet, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't fix anything either. Although it's still one step closer cause you can to boot in normal mode. I might give it a shot!

0 Likes

Generally the "facade" method has more success is because it doesn't really want you to use the Radeon Software.

Anyway I even tried the recently released F12 motherboard bios and the latest 12.1.1 AMD drivers.
Its such a shame that AMD is so focused on optimizing game performances and vr stuff when its basic stuff doesn't even work.

I had thought it was a good time to give AMD Radeon graphics a chance. But even I have my limits... the amt of support, stability and compatibility is just so utterly lacking. So I RMA-ed the card and opted for a full refund.

Don't think I will be buying another Radeon card in a next decade or so.