cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Justice1813
Journeyman III

6800xt Black screen on install

I am trying to install my 6800 xt in windows 10. I have fresh reinstalled windows with a clean reboot. I have made sure everything is up to date. I have flashed my bios to the latest version on my Rog maximus XII Hero wifi mobo. I have run DDU. Whenever i install the drivers via anything autodetect or other wise it gets to the end of the installation and black screens. Then i have to login into safemode and use DDU to uninstall so i can get back into windows. I have tried both the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.2 Optional and 21.3.1 versions to no avail. Im out of ideas and beyond frustrated with hours trying to fix it

0 Likes
3 Replies
Justice1813
Journeyman III

Any one have any useful ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

Try this: 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-driver-fix-and-install-using-ddu-memory-psu-and-vr...

Make sure you disconnect from the internet completely during install of new drivers. 

I did not mention it in the post - but you might want to use Windows Group Policy editor to prevent Windows from installing drivers with Windows Updats and you might want to go to Task Manager Services to stop any Windows Update that is in progress.

0 Likes

i know you updated the bios but remove the battery on the mobo and short out the pins to reset it. then try again with the bios at defaults

0 Likes