Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

6800 xt loosing fps until windows 10 total reinstallation

Hi,

i'm facing a weird problem , don't know if it's a drivers related problem or windows problem:

first time I installed my 6800xt replacing my radeon VII,  I didn't notice it but as I tried to play cyberpunk 2077 i faced a performance issue ... not getting more than 20/25 fps whatever setting or resolution i set in game ...

I could "solve" this by completely reinstall windows , as only reinstall driver didn't solve it (even with DDU and reset to manufaturer defaults etc) ...

but the fact is the problem reappear after some days:
i could play fluently cyberpunk with 60fps 4k ultra and variable fidelity cas (max 100 and min 80) for days , but one day adrenalin application wouldn't launch anymore, so I had to reinstall it and then the performance problem reappeared
again , not getting more than 20/25 fps in cyberpunk with low gpu usage etc

so I reinstalled windows on an external drive and the problem disappeared again ... but now i know it won't hold for long ...

the 6800xt has good fps in every game for now , so it wasn't really noticeable except in cyberpunk ... but in fact i think i loose 10/15fps in every game when the problem appears ...

moreover , in time spy extrem I normally get a score of 9160 when everything is ok , but then with the problem appearing I can't get above 8700 whatever i do ...

did someone notice that too ?

(fyi , this scores are on oc 2650 mhz + 2100 ram and 1030 uv , without oc they are proportionately weaker , so nothing about the oc... the card is watercooled not getting more than 70° on tjunction and everything perfectly stable , never experienced any crash )

0 Likes
12 Replies