cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fluffster
Adept I

6800 XT Crashing in World of Warcraft

So I bought this card, installed and have been playing for the past 2 weeks with no issues.. Upgraded windows to latest, and supporting Raytracing! AWESOME.. Played like I said for a soild two weeks..

I upgraded to the latest version this morning, and I cant play wow.. Literally gets in, within two minutes of being in white screen, goes back pops up the crash for AMD report error, wow resumes.. 10 seconds later.. Both monitors go black then back again, pops up AMD report error.. 

Lower the graphics from 9 to 4.. All works fine.. I did a full memory test.. No errors, I go into other games like Satisfactory and all works with no issues.. If I set wow to 9 graphics.. Crashola.. And please remember.. It was running fine.. 

BTW I rolled back to the stable install Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended and that didnt fix it..

Current: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.2 Optional

The upgrade has chruned something in the config or what not.. The AMD software crashes itself and relaunches.. And I get a message "Watman has been reset due to crash".

0 Likes
6 Replies
fluffster
Adept I

Also an update, I have also Safe booted and ran DDU to remove all drivers for AMD GPU and then reinstalled after it rebooted. Still the same thing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.. I tried all of these.. And that made it so it only white screens every 10 minutes now.. So.. That is a huge boost up.. But still not optimal..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gehe zu Einstellungen, System, dann unten Grafikeinstellungen. Stelle die Software auf Radeon "Hohe Leistung", vieleicht klappt das ja !?

0 Likes

That didn't work, however going in there I looked around and under Advanced I changed limit fps to 60.. And that has made it so it only happens once every hour now.. So way better.

0 Likes

However once I go into a raid environment.. I need to kick back to graphic level 3.. Or it will keep crashing.. So.. Not really a fix..

0 Likes