cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

K0NG95
Adept II

6800 & 6900XT screen space reflection artifacts in (almost) all games.

So i finally got my 6900XT merc 319.

i am quite happy with it after the frustrating broken RDNA1 experiences.

i have ironed out all issues that i had with my card but one still persists.

Square artifacts in reflective surfaces, overlapping textures (like blood on a wall in RB6 Siege), Water reflections etc.
it only happens in selected objects/surfaces/textures and only in certain games.
for example, Battlefield V on everything that is water and wet stone, in Black Ops Cold war almost only on the walls in the photo and several other things like advertising boards and the roof of the building. 
in Rainbow six siege it is ONLY blood on a surface and nothing else. 

it happens every time, it does not get influenced by voltage or clockspeed, everything is 100% stable and no game or application crashes. 
it is every time on the exact same surfaces.
it does not get fixed with a blank windows 10 installation, freshly downloaded games and even another PC.
seems like a driver issue to me since it does appear with my brothers 6800 non XT too.

Screenshot 2021-02-07 224406.pngScreenshot 2021-02-07 224427.pngScreenshot 2021-02-07 224441.png

54 Replies

Thunderbeaver, No problem, I agree.

I don't like my words twisted and there is no reason for some of the things that others, not you, posted on here.

Wow so that turned into a typical **bleep**show between two opposite parties.

Nothing helpful.

I'm going to try Windows 11 sometime soon on a spare hard drive and see if the problem persists.

0 Likes

Dongsa, I'm pretty sure the problems with specific games are AMD driver related or the game developer's implementation, if Win 11 does happen to fix your problems please update us so we will know.

0 Likes

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and the problem still persists in BF1 and BFV. It's a shame because BF1 is pretty much my main game right now with BF2042 being so awful. Tonight, I fired up Bioshock Infinite to experience it again (it's one of my favorite games) and I was irritated that it also has wonky reflections in water and pools of blood. The last time I played it was on my previous card, a 1080Ti, and it looked great. As this happens across a variety of games it would be nice if someone from the driver team would take the initiative to look into the problem and fix it as I imagine it is a simple fix. I don't even know if they read the forums. I've had my RX 6900XT since December of 2020 and there is no excuse for these issues to still persist 1`6 months after launch. I hate to say it but looks like I will be going back to Nvidia next generation.

Issue still persists on 22.5.1-22.8.2 versions. It's incredibly annoying and outright game breaking at times. Somebody should look into this already, especially after Nvidia fixed this issue afaik.

0 Likes
tormarod
Journeyman III

Same thing still happening to this date...

Yup, Not gonna buy AMD anything from now on. They don't care about issues at all as long as large media doesn't pick up on it.

0 Likes
Koffiato
Adept II

Gonna keep bumping this up until somebody responds. 

Akkou
Adept I

Still not fixed on version 23.3.1. Tiny square artifacts in reflections on Battlefield 1 and Resident Evil 2 remake with screen space reflections turned on.

KordyDX
Journeyman III

I second this. AMD should do something already. Shimmering in every game I play. And there's always some issue with reflections. (I switched to a 6700XT last week from RTX 3060)

Ced_205
Adept I

I noticed these screen space reflection artifacts in some games on my XFX Rx 6950 xt on driver 23.7.2

0 Likes
Ced_205
Adept I

As of November 2 2023 this issue is still not fixed.

Akkou
Adept I

Still not fixed with latest 23.11.1 drivers, on 6950xt

0 Likes
Coffey
Adept I

Having this issue in VR on latest drivers in Ghosts of Tabor and Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners.

0 Likes
Koffiato
Adept II

Persists on 23.12.1 drivers on RX 6700 XT. 

0 Likes