cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

proxi123
Journeyman III

6750 IS BROKEN

AFTER 3 MONTHS OF TRYING TO GET THIS GPU TO FUNCTION AS IT SHOULD I CAN ONLY SAY I RECOMMEND ANYONE READING THIS AND THINKING ABOUT BUYING ONE... DON'T!

I can't return the **bleep** thing to the shop because it is not physically broken. The drivers are just really really bad. MSI won't help because they don't make the drivers. And AMD just doesn't seem to want to support this series.

Google is littered with problems of incompatibility issues. hundreds of different solutions, hundreds i have tried. A repair shop managed to put a small fix by lowering voltage but alas i had a windows update a couple of days ago and yet again I have the same problem. I cannot play games like I should be able to. The GPU shuts itself down after playing games like cyberpunk after the first few minutes. Callisto protocol which came with the freaking GPU survives an hour before i get a lovely green screen.

I have not used an AMD GPU since 2013. I seriously regret buying this. I have very little time to game due to work and family commitments. All my free time has been spent trying to get this to work... FOR THREE MONTHS. I give up. what a waste of money. I was advised with the new driver update a lot of comparability problems would be resolved. I was naive and gullible to believe this.

DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU SEEK DEPRESSION AND ENJOY WASTING TIME AND MONEY.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

I currently run a ASUS Strix RX6700XT and a RX6750XT in 2 different systems with 0 issues.

Now, you have provided no info on your system, just complaining. If you want help, please provide :

Complete system info

Then more of us may be able to help.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you looked into your temps? With the little information you have given us, it seems like a temp issue.

Can you give examples of the solutions you did try, so we can check those off?

ALSO.... We need to know what you are working with. Here is a link listing the information you need to provide to aid us in finding the cause of and solution to your problem.

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
MikeySCT
Challenger

All OP has done is complain, without listing his system specs, just vague, in every sense of the word, references to incompatibility and driver issue. He's not here to seek help, just telling peeps not to buy the excellent RX 6750 XT. nVidia shill perhaps? 

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2

I've been boycotting nvidia since 2008 over them sponsoring trolls at the Guru3d site (and every other major PC enthusiast site), they'd drop in the AMD forums and say things like "you should have bought nvidia" when we were attempting to help people.

I left Guru3d over that too since they never banned the idiots...

They are the most unethical, scummiest, trash company that ever existed, they make EA look good.

0 Likes
MikeySCT
Challenger

I think guru3d has improved over thee years, Hilbert seems to be more even handed in his reviews of both AMD/nVidia GPUs and AMD/Intel CPUs, the same can NEVER EVER be said of Userbenchmark though, that site acts like AMD owes it money or something.

I'm a long time member of both guru3d and TPU, and actively participate in the forums there. There are trolls of course, but not only there, in just about every forum I've visited or joined, it's best to learn to tune out these trolls, if not, you'd waste precious hours of your life arguing over AMD vs nVidia/Intel.

For me, I'd put in my two cents as to why AMD cards are better buys, including current prices to show AMD's clear price/performance advantage. I may refute points raised by nVidia proponents, then I'd let the OP decide for himself/herself.

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2

I think the biggest issue we have now is a huge influx of console gamer's moving to pc,  they assume everything revolves around the video driver instead of Windows, and don't realize every single program they install could potentially screw up their pc due to incompatibility's etc. Ique and Discord for example, both have caused huge problems.

I've ran Ati/Amd since 2003 and I can say without exaggeration I've had very few "driver" issues,  I mean I've owned 13 different cards surely I would have had issues by now if it was true.

Drives are bad in win 11 on my 6600 xt also. Only one stable release I am able to use at this point and that is 23.2.1. IF I try anything else it breaks my pc and I get hard locks.

0 Likes

Win 11 is in beta, I'm not sure if rolling back to 10 is an option but that's what I'd do.

0 Likes

I would have to do a fresh install of 10 I think. You are correct though I never had these issues until upgrading to win 11.

0 Likes

MS kept trying to install 11on my pc, I had to use a registry hack to disable it.

They use to pay beta testers, no way I'm doing it for free my time is worth something.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Windows 11 has been stable the whole time I have been using it. lol. I guess people with different hardware configurations have different experiences. Windows 11 is actually not in beta, that is the Insider program. From the articles I have read Windows 12 is actually on its way out this month.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Correction the Windows 12 Beta is soon to be released, according to several articles I have seen.

0 Likes

Oh great, just what we need. What is it that 11 and 12 do that 10 can't do? (spy better?)

I think it's just a way for MS to stay relevant.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The only thing I don't like about Windows 11 as a whole is the account requirement. I used Windows versions from XP through Windows 11. I saw no difference really other than Windows 10s lack of "tiles" moving from 8.1 to 10.

Windows 11 does offer better performance while it is only a slight uplift it does feel better to use compared to 10. Windows 11 also remembers your page layout in multiple display setups so when one disconnects and reconnects it can place applications where you last had them. Windows 11 also offers a simpler UI, while I personally miss the UI of Windows 7, I have not had issues finding settings or anything that I would normally use to personalize my experience. I also do have to say, since I upgraded to Windows 11, I have had no issues with compatibility in any program I have used. I also like have heard of a feature called Snap that makes multitasking easier, and while I have yet to use it, I can see the appeal of a feature like it. I typically use AltTab and find my windows that way. I also love the terminal. I don't use it often, but being able to just press Windows+R, type "wt" hit ctrl+shift+enter then left then enter and have PowerShell open up is satifying and to be able to open a Command Prompt tab in the terminal by pressing ctrl+shift+2 is nice. I don't use it often but it is probably very convenient for power users. I typically use it for DISM, SFC, and CHKDSK commands, but I can see the appeal of a quick and easy to use terminal to do all the fancy coding and use command lines that I have no clue about. All of this said I never get too attached to an operating system, as I know things change. Windows 10 is 7 years old. There is probably a lot I am missing when it comes to the features of Windows 11 that aren't available in Windows 10.

I have yet to see what Windows 12 will bring to the table, but I am almost certain it will be another small uplift in performance, while bringing new features to the table.

0 Likes

I guess it boils down to how you use your computer, I'd be perfectly happy with 7 if all versions of direct x worked with it, my primary use is media and games, I rip a lot of DvD's for my media pc and spend a lot of time in WoW, Youtube.

Over the years I've wasted so much time chasing problems I'm just done with it all, Vista was a wake up call, that said I learned a great deal about troubleshooting and when to give up and reformat. It's way too easy to spend 5 times as much time chasing bugs as it is to just start from scratch.

The thing that burns me up the most is forced updates, every single problem I've had with 10 was after an update, every iteration of Windows is getting more intrusive no way I'm "upgrading" until I have to.

0 Likes