cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

6700XT Warzone 2 freezing during cutscene and landing in start of match

Game will freez when camera shows my character in airplane ready to jump. game will freez 2-3 times for few seconds until I land and from there I can play with no problems.

Most of graphic settings are set to max by default.

driver version 22.11.1 and with driver version 22.9.1 same problem.

I dont know if there is any connection but I now have 2 monitors one is connected with hdmi and other with dp. I did turn off one and no change.

During entire warm up (including falling) before start of match all is good.

I did move game from m.2 ssd to hdd and I still have problem but game works good even on hdd after landing.

It will not freez always in same spot during cutscene and landing, it can be longer and shorter but again once Im on ground rest of match is great.

I use battle.net and europe region for warzone 2

I did notice cutscene with airplane is better now but it will always freez when camera zoom on character.

Can this be problem with game or servers?

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting that is causing stuttering during gameplay after you land is in lower part of graphic settings or options tab and name is cashe or cashe size and when set to ultra all stuttering will stop at least for me.

If that is not solution for you try to change settings one by one and find where is problem.

Freezing during cutscene and problem with ground when landing are fixed, at least I did not see them long time.

I think you can still see problem on some locations with shadows near lights on walls but I saw that only on ashika island map.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
47 Replies
robdsgb
Adept I

To fix this issue, turn on weapon motion blur and restart..... No issues for me for about a month.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Try set weapon motion blur to enabled to see if it fixes this game issue. 

@Matt_AMD 

I found the solution for the game crashing (MW2 and Warzone 2) in full screen mode when alt-tabbing. After testing for a couple of days, I can confidently say that it's not a hardware issue or a driver version issue. The issue only affects shader caches. Performing this procedure solve the issue:
Enter Modern Warfare 2 > Graphics Options (Quality) > Set Spot Cache to Ultra and close the game > Adrenaline Software > Graphics > Reset Shader Cache > Local Drive > x86 Programs > Call Of Duty > _retail_ > shadercache > delete all the file inside > Re-enter Modern Warfare 2 and let the game automatically build the shaders > Restart the game

Somehow, performing a standard procedure, i.e. normally downloading the game and letting it do everything automatically, will sooner or later lead to a crash using the alt tab function in full screen mode or will cause the game to stutter for no reason.
This explains why a complete clean install from scratch sometimes solved the problem, only to recur after a short time, with this method the problem doesn't come back.
AMD or the developers should look into this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

lowering vram to 0.80 did fix stuttering in warzone 2 for me.

0 Likes
heliostar
Journeyman III

I still haven't fixed the issue, i now got 5-7 secs of freeze when i'm droping from the plane. This is unplayable, i'm always late or crash on buildings...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

game works for me without problem.

0 Likes

Ok finally resolved the issue : i reseted the entire game settings (both quality and resolution) and I non longer have that freezer, even in high/ultra quality. I also modified the file in the call of duty folder as someone said earlier. 

0 Likes

Hey I have 17-10700 & RX 6700XT , Max settings clean instal of game and have had stuttering and 5-7 seconds of complete freezing when I jump from the plane, from there the game run’s flawlessly. Can anyone tell me exact what and how do fix this? Updated unto latest drivers and laters windows update 

0 Likes