cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

isanti1981
Adept I

6700xt not loading games (SOTR (steam), MK (steam) Any game downloaded on the XBOX app, many more

6700xt not loading games (SOTR (steam), MK (steam) Any game downloaded on the XBOX app, many more. Anyone else has this type of issue and if so what can we do to fix it that doesn't involve replacing the card? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

In a further note just wanted to share with anyone that might be experiencing any issues with a 6700xt and after many days and hours looking into this problem looking at Reddit posts and came across one that called my attention that I never tried before. Overlays like for example ICUE software. Shut it off and don’t let it start up on the computer starts up. If does go on settings abs turn the option off or turn off immediately right after loads on the right side of the screen. Permanently don’t let it start up. I was troubleshooting any software that could be conflict and it so happens about an overlay Reddit post that was my problem and that I almost RMA my card over ICUE. True there was never any issues when I use to own NVDIA however AMD cards are much more sensitive to these sort of things. I did notice if you make sure is off the NOT loading on the games will not happen at all. You can still use ICUE just don’t let it run in the background. Just use when you need to change anything but close it right up before doing any gaming related activities. If I only knew that by doing this I would had saved hours and hours of reading and troubleshooting. My other recommendation do not use AMD overlay or MSI either. I don’t use the other 2 anyway but avoid overlays. ICUE doesn’t need to be uninstalled but Corsair take note and hopefully someone sees that as I will record it abs put it on YouTube in the hopes to help anyone else in the future. AMD please take note as well and work on stability in your cards. I join the wagon and I am pleased with the card just work on stability issues because nvidia definitely doesn’t have it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
hawkeye
Elite

It sounds like you don't have drivers installed or the GPU is not installed properly.
Anyway you give little information, I have no idea what is going on.

What Windows version are you on ? Is it up to date ?
Look in device manager are there any exclamation signs ? Is everything installed and working in device manager ?
Load dxdiag and look at the display tab...Under Notes is everything ok ? No problems found ? Post screenshots if there are problems.

0 Likes

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

Power Color Hellhound Spectre 6700xt
4x8gb ddr4 3200
Asus B550-F
Corsair 750w psu
500gb Nvme WD black
1Tb Nvme crucial
Windows 10 pro

I have done a DDU already tried the older drivers and the latest drivers and now. The card is functional still in other games and every day applications. This issue started 7-10 days ago when I started to notice some games wouldn’t start from different platforms. Like Shadow of Tomb Raider (Steam), Gears 5 (Microsoft store) and now my favorite Warzone (Battlenet). Started to act up. I did uninstall the games at first and reinstalled them and nothing than I went in to test all my remaining games and some from Steam opened. The other that I owned from Microsoft store World War Z also crashed at load as well. I have the latest drivers now and currently still nothing. I got a feeling has to do with the latest update. 

SOTR
Warzone 
MK11
WWZ
Gears 5
Valorant 

The above won’t open whatsoever 
0 Likes

Strange, I just started SotTR and Warzone right now ( I don't have the other games) and they are working fine.
I also have Win 10 Pro and a 6700XT on latest drivers.
Maybe your windows got corrupted. Try to do a "system health check with DISM" ( google it) and do a system restore that is older, from when your games were running fine.
Also I sugest to do a malware scan with malwarebytes ( maybe you got infected with some strange malware that is messing with your files)
If all else fails just backup what you can and do a fresh windows install. I'm pretty sure your windows install got broken somehow.

0 Likes

What OS build version of windows are you on?

0 Likes

Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
OS build 19043.1110

0 Likes

My issue was resolved for now. Combination of windows updates, AMD drivers and an game related update I guess. Just frustrating because I wacky to love my decision to come on board on the AMD wagon but never experienced issues like this on a nvidia card ever. Again all good for now after 1 week of issues and hopefully will stay like this. But for anyone trying to troubleshoot don’t uninstall your games if DDU either as the issue is related to AMD drivers, windows update and possible game update like the ones from Battlenet. In case you run around and waste tons of time doing the things I mention above. Just hope AMD sees this and really work on stability specially given the fact that nowadays we don’t have the luxury of paying MSRP price. I did buy my card from Amazon but again nowhere near MSRP. Just want stability and enjoy the card the way myself or anyone else intended to. 

0 Likes

In a further note just wanted to share with anyone that might be experiencing any issues with a 6700xt and after many days and hours looking into this problem looking at Reddit posts and came across one that called my attention that I never tried before. Overlays like for example ICUE software. Shut it off and don’t let it start up on the computer starts up. If does go on settings abs turn the option off or turn off immediately right after loads on the right side of the screen. Permanently don’t let it start up. I was troubleshooting any software that could be conflict and it so happens about an overlay Reddit post that was my problem and that I almost RMA my card over ICUE. True there was never any issues when I use to own NVDIA however AMD cards are much more sensitive to these sort of things. I did notice if you make sure is off the NOT loading on the games will not happen at all. You can still use ICUE just don’t let it run in the background. Just use when you need to change anything but close it right up before doing any gaming related activities. If I only knew that by doing this I would had saved hours and hours of reading and troubleshooting. My other recommendation do not use AMD overlay or MSI either. I don’t use the other 2 anyway but avoid overlays. ICUE doesn’t need to be uninstalled but Corsair take note and hopefully someone sees that as I will record it abs put it on YouTube in the hopes to help anyone else in the future. AMD please take note as well and work on stability in your cards. I join the wagon and I am pleased with the card just work on stability issues because nvidia definitely doesn’t have it. 

0 Likes

Glad that you found the problem !
Please submit a bug report to AMD otherwise this problem will be ignored, AMD doesn't pay much attention to these forums.

0 Likes