cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vadick228
Newcomer

60hz + vsync vs. Freesync 48-60hz

I understand that this sounds stupid and logically I need to use Freesync, but I will try to explain the problem in more detail.
My Samsung c24f396fhi monitor has a 48-72hz freesync range, but I play in 60hz (it's more comfortable for me), when i turn on 60hz, my range becomes 48-60hz, but! When the fps drops in the freesync range my screen flickers, it's really unpleasant, but the picture is smooth and doesn't have an input lag. But flickering is just tiring. What do you think is better, playing 60hz with vsync without flickering or playing with Freesync 48-60hz without vsync (without input lag and screen tearing), but with flickering during fps drops?

0 Likes
1 Reply
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

It is most likely that you will have problems (flickering etc) when FPS falls below 48. If you had a monitor with 48-144 hertz FreeSync range, for example, when you got 40 FPS, hertz would be 80 (so double) and you would not have any problems. Disable FreeSync for games where FPS falls below 48. If you do not do this, it is very likely that you will have flickering stuttering tearing problems under 48 FPS according to game settings.

0 Likes