cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vurplex
Journeyman III

6000 series card Oculus ASW (Asynchronous SpaceWarp) artifacts in VR

While using ASW I get artifacts on all games. I am able to get 60 fps in this scene. When I force ASW this happens, I'm running a 6900xt and 5900x.

0 Likes
5 Replies
CaTaPulT
Adept II

Hello, I couldn't watch your video, AMD hasn't approved it yet.
But I'm also a VR Enthusiast and on one of my machines use a XFX branded 6900xt (reference model) with a Oculus Quest-2 Headset, newer AMD drivers don't seem to behave very well with the Quest-2 (don't know about other Oculus headsets), I had to use DDU to properly un-install AMD GPU drivers and went back to Oct 2021 drivers and that seems to have fixed my Quest-2 problems. Maybe give that a try if you can still download the Oct 2021 drivers.

Oh yeah, on my other computer (sim racing rig), I use a EVGA FTW3 3080ti with a Reverb G2 headset (very demanding) and do not have any driver issues like I have with my 6900xt. 
With AMD's poor drivers, next upgrade path will be nVidia unfortunately.
Oh yeah again... LOL ..... 6900xt system is a 5600x CPU, racing rig (3080ti) is a 5900x CPU, both systems use a Aorus Elite wifi X570 motherboard with 32 gigs of 32mhz ram, both have 850 watt PSUs.

0 Likes

Here's the same video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvWayHyl3Q4

Ive tried a ton of drivers even the very first one, none of them worked ddu and everything.

0 Likes
CaTaPulT
Adept II

Just saw your video, I haver no idea what could be causing that side to side stutter, I take it you are using the flight sim with a Link cable instead of AirLink or Virtual Desktop (wireless). The other thing you can try is clearing the "Shader Cache", it's one of the options in the AMD Adrenaline software. If using Link Cable, did you up the Quest-2's resolution? if so, try setting it back to default and see if that helps. I think the problem with using the Quest-2 is due to it's video streaming instead of a real video signal from a HDMI or Display Port. I think maybe AMD's GPU hardware / software just isn't on par with nVidia's for the encoding process. I could be wrong, I've never experienced that kind of side to side jitter in a actual game before, I did in the Oculus home where part of the dashboard would jitter like crazy. This was one of the reasons I rolled back to Oct 2021 drivers.

0 Likes

Nope, even on the lowest resolution its still there, I asked some people that have VR and AMD and its not just oculus motion smoothing that has problems, the Index has the same thing. Try it for your self click right ctrl + numpad 3 to force it on, it will occur in any game (num4 to put it to auto). Even 120hz full resolution with motion smoothing off it runs perfectly. There is something completely broken with motion smoothing in all driver versions.

0 Likes
bazwyn
Journeyman III

For what it's worth, this also happens with my 6900xt ref, currently running 22.5.1 afraid to update because i dont want things to get worse.  Had to put it back on auto to make that stop.

0 Likes