fujiyama-95
Challenger

5900X/6900 XT Stuttering/Crashing Need For Speed Unbound

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon RX 6900 XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit (OS Build 19044.2251)
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 22.11.2
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • ViewSonic XG2401 1920x1080 @144Hz Active DP
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 9 5900 X 
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 6042 
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Corsair 850W 80 PLUS Gold RM850x
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL14 2x16GB

Describe your issue:

Play the game as normal for about 1 hour or so, about 45 minutes into the game session the issue will begin to occur.

Stuttering ultimately leading to a freeze/halt/crash forced to force shutdown the game 

This is occurring on both AMD Certified NFS Unbound Drivers - Completely unplayable.

8 Replies
MindFck
Adept I

Hi i would like to participate on this Bug with RX6900XT. Same Error.

I've done a lot of research and tried  a ton of possible solutions.

- Installed AMD Driver 22.11.2

- Set TDRDELAY to a higher value

- Set TDRLevel to a higher Value

- Set TDRDDI to a higher Value

- Disabled AMD Service: AMD Crash Defender Service

- Disabled AMD Service: AMD External Events Utility

- Applied NFS Heat CPU Fix (limit CPU Usage)

- activated full Power cooling on graphic card to exclude a heating problem.

- Have done RAM Test multiple times to exclude Hardware Error. (but..this is pretty unlikely because every other Tripe A Game runs without Problems).

- Windows Update is up to date

- sfc /scannow -> No Errors.

- Deleted DX12 Files from Shadercache / Cache Folders

- deactivated XMP

- Reset BIOS to default

- CPU (AMD 5900X) not overclocked and nice temps.

As the Error occurs its like:

Ultra hard lagging. Like 1 Frame / 3 Seconds. If you pause the game, it keeps open but the "hanging" effect is still there in the same frequency. As soon as you continue "playing" short after it crashes. Luckily, i get once an error message.

----------------------

"DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" faild with "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET ("The device failed due to a badly formed command. This is a run-time issue; The application should destroy and recreate the device.").

GPU: AMD RADEON RX6900XT, Driver 22.11.2

(22.20.29.19-221130a-386220E-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition). This Error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; GPUBreadcrumbs;

------------------------

Please, send help! Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
ExElShredder
Adept I

Same Error with the 6900XT from MSI, its driver related, try rollback on older driver, drivers in general are so garbage i would **bleep**ing trade my GPU for a 3080 instantly. AMD should stick with CPUs, DO NOT TOUCH AMD GPUS!

0 Likes
MindFck
Adept I

"Funny" is:

i tried gaming yesterday..after ..20 Minutes my screen went black and my Card Cooler are running instantly on 100%.

I restarted my pc and the Screen keep black and my card again runs on 100%. I switches the bios switch on the cards and restarted. Then i got a picture again. This is hilarious.

0 Likes

Same issue.

6950XT 22.11.2 driver. clean install. used DDU to remove current driver.

5950X no OC

64GB TridentZ 3200MHz 2x32GB DIMMs

Game will run for about 30 minutes and then the aforementioned stuttering until it hard crashes.

0 Likes
Gunethical
Journeyman III

Same exact issue here on a 6800xt. Found this thread looking for answers. 

0 Likes
MindFck
Adept I

I got my Problem solved by changing the PCie psu cable. Before, it was 1 cable with a Y-Type for 2 8pin. Now its 2 separate cable so each 8 Pin get its own lane. Could play without errors.  Additional ea releases some Patches so Maybe all together worked for me.

Verify timing ram , ram voltage ans frequency .

0 Likes
samfaster2413
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. 

Asus TUF RX 6900 XT, driver 22.11.2, Need for speed Unbound crash with a DirectX 12 error every 30 minutes or so.

The solution was to use the older driver WHQL-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.5.1. No more crashed in Need for speed Unbound... It's a driver issue that should be addressed in an update from AMD. Nvidia has already corrected it with their new driver.

Funny thing is that the last driver says it is optimized for NFS (crash making it unplayable) and the older one works better.

0 Likes