Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

koffan
Adept II

5700xt Premiere Pro / BSOD WATCHDOG

Hi,

When i do any task of heavy GPU Load and especially in Premiere Pro (timeline scrubbing, copying footage into timeline etc), the mouse starts stuttering and finally it freezes.

At this point i hear the GPU fans ramping up to max speed and then i get BSOD (WATCHDOG).

I have tried DDU, fresh windows etc etc etc.

This did not happen in the previous driver versions.

PS: Still some codec issues getting scrambled footage on certain clips, especially if theyre loaded with effects.

(GAMING IS FINE).

Please AMD fix these things once and for all, i have had this GPU since launch and i keep having to install my old GPU every week cause drivers arent fixed. Its effecting my income/work....

ASUS x570 PRIME PRO (latest bios)

32gb 3200mhz ram

3900x

850w psu

XFX 5700XT

All settings on stock.

Thanks

0 Likes
19 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: 5700xt Premiere Pro / BSOD WATCHDOG

Don't OC to CPU. If you did, clean-reinstall your system. If the problem persists, go to the BIOS and manually adjust the CPU speeds. You can probably fix the problem.

0 Likes
koffan
Adept II

As mentioned everything is stock, i have not OC CPU or GPU. It isnt a CPU problem its a driver issue with the GPU as my Nvidia card works flawlessly.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The program you use has different loads on the processor for nVidia and AMD graphics cards. The error message you get is most likely sourced from the processor. Go to the BIOS and disable turbo boost for CPU and try again. If there is a problem, there may be a problem with the GPU as you type.

0 Likes
koffan
Adept II

Ok will try in a couple of hours and get back to you. Thanks

koffan
Adept II

Same problem still... driver issue it seems.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Can you share BSOD's dmp file?

0 Likes

Do you have 4 sticks of Ram installed? I remember having this issue when OCing my RAM to 3200MHz on my Ryzen 7 1700 + Asus X470 Strix. I was stress testing in P95, Large FFTs to stress memory controller and it would do the mouse stutter and CPU utilization would never reach 100% and it would eventually BSOD or just freeze up my PC after like 10 minutes.

I solved it by increasing my SOC Load Line Calibration to max (Level 5) so that there wouldn't be a voltage drop when the SOC is underload. This solved my stability problems there.

0 Likes
koffan
Adept II

How do i share it?

0 Likes
koffan
Adept II

yoshimatsu414‌ nope 2x 16gb sticks. SOC Load line Calibration is found in bios i assume? Thanks

0 Likes