Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

koffan
Adept II

5700xt Premiere Pro / BSOD WATCHDOG

Hi,

When i do any task of heavy GPU Load and especially in Premiere Pro (timeline scrubbing, copying footage into timeline etc), the mouse starts stuttering and finally it freezes.

At this point i hear the GPU fans ramping up to max speed and then i get BSOD (WATCHDOG).

I have tried DDU, fresh windows etc etc etc.

This did not happen in the previous driver versions.

PS: Still some codec issues getting scrambled footage on certain clips, especially if theyre loaded with effects.

(GAMING IS FINE).

Please AMD fix these things once and for all, i have had this GPU since launch and i keep having to install my old GPU every week cause drivers arent fixed. Its effecting my income/work....

ASUS x570 PRIME PRO (latest bios)

32gb 3200mhz ram

3900x

850w psu

XFX 5700XT

All settings on stock.

Thanks

0 Likes
19 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Don't OC to CPU. If you did, clean-reinstall your system. If the problem persists, go to the BIOS and manually adjust the CPU speeds. You can probably fix the problem.

0 Likes

As mentioned everything is stock, i have not OC CPU or GPU. It isnt a CPU problem its a driver issue with the GPU as my Nvidia card works flawlessly.

0 Likes

The program you use has different loads on the processor for nVidia and AMD graphics cards. The error message you get is most likely sourced from the processor. Go to the BIOS and disable turbo boost for CPU and try again. If there is a problem, there may be a problem with the GPU as you type.

0 Likes

Ok will try in a couple of hours and get back to you. Thanks

Same problem still... driver issue it seems.

0 Likes

Can you share BSOD's dmp file?

0 Likes

How do i share it?

0 Likes

You can send a link for sharing a dmp file to this website using Google Drive or OneDrive.

C:\Windows\Minidump path is the location for dmp files.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Normally, dmp files are 1-2 MB in size. The file you are sharing is not the correct file.

0 Likes

You receive error code 0x00000133. This code is not something I have experienced. When I do research, it is said that the error releated from HDD or driver. But I'm not sure. The error code you experienced is different from I experienced and solved WATCHDOGS error. If you are using a M2 disk (without RAID) and can find its setting in the BIOS, set Gen4 (or Auto) to Gen3 for PCI settings.

0 Likes

Do you have 4 sticks of Ram installed? I remember having this issue when OCing my RAM to 3200MHz on my Ryzen 7 1700 + Asus X470 Strix. I was stress testing in P95, Large FFTs to stress memory controller and it would do the mouse stutter and CPU utilization would never reach 100% and it would eventually BSOD or just freeze up my PC after like 10 minutes.

I solved it by increasing my SOC Load Line Calibration to max (Level 5) so that there wouldn't be a voltage drop when the SOC is underload. This solved my stability problems there.

0 Likes

yoshimatsu414‌ nope 2x 16gb sticks. SOC Load line Calibration is found in bios i assume? Thanks

0 Likes

Yeah, in BIOS you should see that option. I needed it for four 8GB dimms. You should maybe try it anyway though. Maybe all that 16GB on 1 dimm puts more a load on the CPU's SOC as well.

it is a driver issue, I have the same issue with my 390 

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Error Message: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Error Code: 0x00000133
The associated dll or sys was not given because dmp was not properly shared.

OP has this error message. Does anybody get this message and know the solution?

koffan
Adept II

Thanks to you all for your input. Unfortunately nothing has worked.

I am 99% certain its a driver issue as previous versions of drivers have worked.

Its really annoying to even have to fix these things when all you want is to plug and play...

Hope AMD learn a lesson and release stable drivers with their hardware in the future.

Do you think this issue is valid for RMA? thinking of just changing it for something else at this point.

Yes I definitely think that would be a valid RMA reason.

Sorry to hear that nothing worked for you.

0 Likes
christoph
Adept I

it is not the video card, is an issue with the driver and the windows screen scaling 

On Wed 18-Sep-19 10:54:11 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20190918-2254.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (0xFFFFF80419EB077C)
Bugcheck code: 0x141 (0xFFFFAD039DDEB410, 0xFFFFF80419EB077C, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0346729.inf_amd64_aea6bce152d9aed0\B346681\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that one of the display engines failed to respond in timely fashion.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: atikmpag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

0 Likes