cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pickkerickrekt
Journeyman III

5700xt Liquid Devil wont work with new drivers

I recently just purchased a powercolor 5700xt liquid devil, The issue im having is I have to use the drivers that came on the disc with it ver. 19.9.1 . if i try to use any driver version newer than that it locks the card to 300 mhz boost and u can not change it even with overclocking tools. so it basically makes it a paper weight if i want the newest drivers for game compatibility 

0 Likes
8 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

Run DDU to clean up the old drivers and then install the latest driver. It should work fine. I'm running a Powercolor Red Devil 5700 XT/OC and it's the exact same card minus the cooler and I'm running 20.1.2 just fine.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
pickkerickrekt
Journeyman III

I have already run ddu 3 times and still same thing ..anything newer than 19.9.1 and it won't go over 300 MHz ...when u run gpu z it says boost 300 MHz on newer ones ...run gpu z on 19.9.1 and boost reads 2084 

0 Likes

Here's my GPUZ. Same card. Are you using MSI Afterburner as well? That could affect your clock speeds depending on whether you've set it up to just monitor or not.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

heres my gpu z ...one with old driver when card works fine and one with new driver

5700xt.png5700xt new driver.png

0 Likes

heres it under full load with latest drivers

5700xt wont clock.png

0 Likes
slee9526
Journeyman III

There's a VBIOS update for this. I don't have the link on hand, but if you go register for powercolor's devil's club site, you can find it under the news section. This fixes the clock speed issue for now, but I think they mentioned somewhere that more work needed to be done on AMD's end as well.

0 Likes

It asks for a devil's club code besides asking for the serial number ...nothing in the box has a devil's club code 

0 Likes