cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bixlervdl
Adept I

5700xt fan curve not saving

I have had this issue for longer but it really has to stop soon, now my card is running between 80-100 degrees Celsius. My fan curve will not save, I have tried reinstalling the software several times and even deleted other applications, that did not help. When I adjust the fan curve and then press apply, it will reset to 20% rpm, for ALL temperatures. It will save for a game profile, BUT, the fan curve is not used while gaming, it still stays at 20% rpm. 

I tried MSI afterburner, no affect to the fan curve.

AMD please fix this, or help me how to fix it. 3 people I know also have this exact issue. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
keppoch
Journeyman III

So have the exact same issue.  Any chance you came across a fix?  Super annoying...

Yes I have managed to fix it! Firstly update to the latest software to see if that does anything, chipset and gpu from amd website, windows. If it does not work you’ll have to uninstall the graphics driver. Please be careful on doing this or you could screw things up. You will need to uninstall the graphics card driver, the program you need is DDU. Then I used Ccleaner to remove any data which should be deleted. There are good videos of this on YouTube.

When did you buy the gpu? I bought mine in January - February. If you can, I would highly recommend returning the card and try and get your money back if that’s an option, else return it for a new one. I’ve had 2 cards with cooling. Issues, even 100% rpm couldn’t cool it, temps reached 100-110 degrees Celsius. The new one I have now is good, so perhaps they changed the cooler design, I’m still contacting msi about that.

Two of my friends have the sapphire nitro 5700xt, it’s 10-20€ more expensive but it so worth it. It’s very quiet and very cool.

if you need any more help feel free to contact me.

0 Likes