Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gnaerold
Adept I

5700XT crashing with amd software features enabled

Hi All,

My games crash and windows 10 restarts as soon as I have one of the following options enabled in AMD software: Radeon Anti-Lag, Radeon Chill, Radeon Enhanced Sync (crashes happen randomly and it is hard to replicate them). Any idea on how to troubleshoot this? The system works fine without the options though.

Cheers,

Nik

0 Likes
9 Replies
accn
Elite

You are wellcome. AMD promotes its products using such technologies as freesync, anti-lag, enhanced sync etc, but does not guarantee system stability with it. The first thing AMD support offers is to disable these options. Enhanced sync issues, present in driver "Known issues" list at least one year already. 

I can recommend a clean installation of the driver (which you probably did anyway) and disabling these options until a stable driver appears.

0 Likes

I hope someone from AMD can pitch in and advise on these issues or just acknowledge that they won't work. I did use AMD uninstaller and have installed the latest driver version, windows 10 is up to date, supply is titanium grade 1000W. Memory has been tested and there are no failures. I don't know anymore what to check.

0 Likes

Try to clean the old driver from the system using the DDU utility. AMD uninstaller leaves a lot of junk behind it.

0 Likes

I had more issues with DDU utility (Games would crash no matter which settings I have after using DDU and renstalling drivers). AMD uninstaller works better for me.

0 Likes
gnaerold
Adept I

System:

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (default settings)
  • GiBy X570 AORUS MASTER X570
    • F30 Bios
  • Sapphire RADEON RX 5700 XT NITRO+ (Running on boost profile)
  • Radeon Software Version 20.9.1
  • LG 32GK650F-B 32 QHD Gaming Monitor (Display Port connection, monitor is running on 144hz)
  • HP 22 inch 60 hz monitor as secondary
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Updated every patch Tuesday)
  • Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 1000W ATX23 (Titanium)
  • D4 32GB 3600-16 Trident Z Neo K2 GSK (F4-3600C16D-32GTZN, Trident Z Neo)
    • XMP enabled (CL16 16-16-36)

Describe your issue:

• I am experiencing random crashes while gaming when I have Radeon features enabled (chill, enh sync etc.). Games that crash most often are Vermintide 2, Warhammer online, Total War Warhammer.
  • When games crash my AMD custom settings are reset so I have to load a saved profile to restore (I have only changed fan settings). Same crashes on default settings.
0 Likes

Please can you try lowering your memory frequency from 3600Mhz to 3000Mhz and let us know if that reduces or stops the crashing?

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Poor 5700,people must be torturing you by pushing you to overclock all the time.

How sad.

0 Likes
gnaerold
Adept I

The issue went away with the latest driver.