Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: 5700XT crashing every game and black screen

Jump to solution

check with your respective motherboard vendor and see if AGESA 1.0.0.5 has become available. I do notice that MSI has taken steps to fix the audio problems with Polaris so I am speculating that Vega and Navi are also fixed to some extent.

0 Likes
gunstarpl
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I've tried installing just the driver via Device Manager (as suggested here) and I am still getting crashes with black screen + occasional restart.

Before I was getting this in Windows log most of the time:

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e9f5ad0
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e9f5ad0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000412967
Faulting process id: 0x21d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d61f48bfc033f1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report Id: e822bb77-86ef-490f-a6c8-a89ef5804e88
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Now I got this (which has happened before at least once with full Adrenalin driver):

Faulting application name: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e708f15
Faulting module name: atidxx64.dll, version: 26.20.15029.27016, time stamp: 0x5e9f5d77
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000017f3b
Faulting process id: 0x3240
Faulting application start time: 0x01d61f242d35e9a5
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0354308.inf_amd64_48534036afa0f0d8\B354265\atidxx64.dll
Report Id: 8dc703dc-40fc-421c-94bc-f5ba5a084996
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

amdfreak01
Adept III

Jump to solution

I get those aswell. I dont black screens anymore (or haven't for months), but i do get crashes and non responsive programs. And a lot of the time it gives me the same exception codes.

Do you get black screens ? Crashes? How often? I get them after playing games for over an hour. Which AMD is aware of.

Type reliability history into search. Its far better than having to go through the event log. Are most of the problems crashes?

Jump to solution

Ok. Guess what happened guys:). 3 days ago i got a bluescreen out of nowhere. After that the pc just refused to boot into windows. It was a pretty damn complex job to fix it, but in the process of doing it i updated my bios to the latest version and i installed windows again. It seems that one of my ssd's just died. So after i installed windows i ias thinking to install the latest amd driver..and guess what..2 days with 0 crashes or black screen. I take that as a massive win. Hope it will be ok

View solution in original post

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Glad you were able to resolve your issue, please let me know if you experience the same issue again and i will re-open your discussion. 

0 Likes
aminebouziane
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT

I've tried everything I've found on the Internet, but it always crashes randomly on almost every game.

Installing the 2019drivers doesn't help since you can't play Modern Warfare with this driver version.

I start thinking it was a big mistake switching into AMD.

0 Likes
Logax
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi,
I have the same issue, but it only happens with cyberpunk 2077 game, i do not know why too, black screen with buzzing noise that requires a hard reboot, my graphic card is asus 5700 xt.

0 Likes
cristi_trohin
Adept II

Jump to solution

@aminebouziane Try removing the current drivers with DDU, get the recommended 20.11.x driver, use 7zip to extract the drivers executable (it's a sfx archive) and then do an Update driver from Device Manager, by giving the folder where you extracted the driver to. I tried this with the September drivers and only got one black screen last week. Now I'm trying the same thing with the November driver. If I get black screen again, it's back to service (for the third time).

0 Likes
nordvargr
Adept III

Jump to solution

The only way to fix black screens & driver timeout error was rolling back to recommended Adrenalin 20.11.2

0 Likes
cristi_trohin
Adept II

Jump to solution

@nordvargr That is true only if you are very, very lucky. I had no such luck. Today I'm sending my RX 5600 XT to the service one more time. I ran OCCT GPU memory test, and it had 4 error in 20 minutes. And that's with the 12GHz memory vbios. Not even a chance to run that card at 14GHz like MSI says it should.

0 Likes