cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

5700XT crashing every game and black screen

Jump to solution

I recently changed my monitor. Since this new one is QHD and supports FreeSync ,i thought is the case to upgrade also my video card since my old GTX 1080 had some issues with this resolution. So, i though, why not, let's try AMD. My first product from AMD in the last 12-13 years or so. SO i bought a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT Gaming OC. Well, after i read some things on the internet, i realized that the graphic card is ok, the driver is garbage. I get crashes in every single game, from League of Legends to Red Dead Redemption 2. From my experience, the games that doesn't need so much video power, runs like 10 minutes or so with pretty poor performance than crash. The games that are more demanding crash in the first 2-3 minutes.I tried every single version of the driver. Clean windows install. Used DDU. Change the settings in the driver and do every thing i read on the internet that may cause the issue. I checked also my PSU. Everything is fine with my computer. I paid a decent amount of money on a product that i can't use. I saw in you driver release notes that the new version improve the performance in some games. Pointless, i don't care if i get some extra FPS in the game if the game crash after 10 minutes. Than, there's the other thing with the black screen. There's no other way than restart the PC in order to fix that and hope you wouldn't get another black screen in the next hour or so. Another issue is that the in some games, after a few minutes of playing the FPS drops like hell. For eg, in ETS 2 from 120 to 50-55 in just a few minutes. The temps seems normal.

My PC configuration

Asus Z390-f

Intel i5 9600k

32 GB DDR4 HyperX fury black 3200Mhz

Gigabite Radeon RX 5700xt Gaming OC

and 1 HDD + 3 SSD but i din't this is not important.

Latest windows version also.

I think you should focus on the crashing and black screen issue first and then on some other issues. Since it's more important for not to at least let use use the GPU without crashing.

Please fix this thing ASAP or you will lose tons of customer. It's my first product from AMD in years and i already thought to change it. I prefer to pay more for a product that works properly than less on a product that have tons of issues.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 5700XT crashing every game and black screen

Jump to solution

Ok. Guess what happened guys:). 3 days ago i got a bluescreen out of nowhere. After that the pc just refused to boot into windows. It was a pretty damn complex job to fix it, but in the process of doing it i updated my bios to the latest version and i installed windows again. It seems that one of my ssd's just died. So after i installed windows i ias thinking to install the latest amd driver..and guess what..2 days with 0 crashes or black screen. I take that as a massive win. Hope it will be ok

View solution in original post

111 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Jump to solution

Are you push the button to hard restart when black screen? You can't do anything when black screen even task manager right?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes...i can't do nothing so i have to press the button

0 Likes
endo
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Exactly the same situation here; Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT Gaming OC with everything up-to-date. I have had blackscreens (No signal) while playing pretty much any game (Ghost Recon Wildlands/Breakpoint, Metro Exodus, The Witcher 3). Apart from that when the error occurs my peripherals (keybourd/mouse) also lose power. 

System specification:

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT Gaming OC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250Gb M.2 NVME SSD

Corsair RM650

Only way i am able to play games at the moment is on older drivers. So perhaps you can try that aswell. DDU the current drivers and install 19.12.1 That one works with my current setup.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Jump to solution

Hey someone said try to use amd software version 19.12.1. Please try it. In this thread https://community.amd.com/thread/250353 

0 Likes
cyruswong
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

rx 5700 xt has a lot of issue with the 2020 driver. use back 2019 driver, last okay version is 19.12.1

0 Likes
christiang
Adept III

Jump to solution

Same problems with sapphire 5700 pulse. (Stock & game mode)

mickeekung
Challenger

Jump to solution

Is it OK with 19.12.1?

0 Likes
angryuser1
Elite

Jump to solution

When you happen to get a black screen, do you still hear sounds like the computer is working? 

If yes, try:
Win+Ctrl+Shift+B

This will restart GPU driver and screen should come back.

if not, try to see if an utility like blue screen viewer shows anything that caused the crash.

0 Likes
xanderdahl
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same problems, I still haven't played a game, just bought a fully new gaming pc, blue screens all the time, I also have Gigabyte OC 8 gb like you, I thought my pc wasn't working so I did RMA, but now I think I will wait for update? What do you think?

My specs is, 3800x 5700xt 32 gb 3200mhz, 

I had to reset the windows, so it was really hard that this is happening.

Hope that there is a fix coming.

0 Likes