5700XT Black Flickering Screen

Hey All,

Below are my computer stats:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU

MSI Gaming 5700XT GPU

MSI 570X Gaming Edge Wifi+ Motherboard

GSkill 3200hz 32gb ram

MSI G241 144hz Monitor

No idea what to do, whenever I launch only specific games such as Borderlands 3, League of legends launcher there is a significant black flickering that happens and I cannot play the game.

This issue does not happen on other games such as CoD Modern Warfare 2019, Sea of Thieves, Resident Evil 3 Remake, etc.

I've tried updating to the latest version of my motherboard, safe mode DDU uninstalling and then reinstalling of the Radeon drivers. I am also currently on the latest version, 20.2.2. I have tried displayport vs hdmi and still no fix.

I have tried turning off all in game overlays, I have disabled freesync, additionally enhanced sync as well as any other graphics boosting AMD feature. At my wits end as to what I can try. Honestly I want to jump the fence onto the nvidia side when their new products launch because this card has been nothing but a pain from a driver standpoint since day one off this system build.

Please let me know what additional steps I can try before throwing this GPU out a window

1 Reply
mickeekung
Challenger

First you need to update to 20.4.2 but if it not working, try this https://community.amd.com/thread/253145 

0 Likes