cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hundreds100
Adept I

5700XT, 19.8.2 software constant crashing

Hey so I recently purchased a RX 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse edition, and I am having constant driver / system crashes. I have reinstalled my graphic and chipset drivers to no avail. The crashes constantly result in my screen going black and the application crashing or hanging forcing me to use Task Manager to end them. It is really frustrating when I am playing games only to be interrupted by these sorts of crashes, especially in competitive games like Dota 2. Is there any fix I can try for this or must I wait for new drivers. Have reinstalled Windows and the graphics drivers to no avail. The crahses themselves are very inconsistent sometimes I have days with no issues, and other times I can't be in a match of Dota for any longer than a couple of minutes before both my screens go black because Radeon software has crashed.

Specs:

R5 1600

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT

16 GB Corsair Vengence 3200mhz DDR4

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic.

Radeon edition: 19.8.2

0 Likes
2 Replies
dezi
Adept II

3700x

B450 Tommahawk

16g gskil 3200

5700xt 50th AE

For the time being until more stable drivers come out try lowering you Max GPU clock down to around 1800mhz in Radeon WattMan. "right click desktop then radeon settings then Gaming in the top left, go to Global settings then Global Wattman and ok for the disclamer, in there you can adjust the max clock speed of the GPU down to around 1800mhz"  I been having the same problem with a bunch of diff games and doing that seems to make it so i can play with out a crash, give it a shot and I hope it helps you

0 Likes

Lets see, you have the sapphire AIB model, why not use their Trixx software with it.

Wattman has been long known to support (based on Ref design), and using afterburner may conflict.

May be that AMD will add support for AIB cards In wattman (or not), currently the Trixx will also not work on ref card.

The AIB cards are modified (chips, trans., vram, and other components) so may be better to try their software only or just let it run from their vbios settings.

I currently don't have a 5700xt (by Nov. though) and these cards from what I have been reading do not use the conventional OC method (you can search the web), and i'm not talking about the PPT tricks..

Sapphire, at the moment is my choice and I would not be using wattman or afterburner in the current state/build.

And yes there are driver issues, which well...…………….?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes