cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mainakcrixallis
Adept III

5700XT 19.8.2 . Kernel_Security_check Failure . Blue screen

So i am facing this problem . which was present in 19.8.1 .  even tho its better than 19.8.1 . eventually amd fixes something . something else breaks .  things are fine with 19.7.5 

Anyone facing same ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

As mentioned before, you need to disable HW acceleration on Firefox, otherwise, you will get BSOD.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
mainakcrixallis
Adept III

Happend 2 times as i write while watching youtube . 

0 Likes
spajdr
Adept III

Did you already try to disable HW acceleration in Firefox/Chrome?

0 Likes

I did even a better thing.  I rolled back to 19.7.5. As the new drivers gave black screens in desktop.  I do believe amd dosent want to sell the GPU 

0 Likes

This fixes the problem, but it's not a solution.

This is only taking the load from GPU and putting it on CPU.

Why in the world i need a GPU if i'll put the load that designed to GPU on CPU?

AMD needs to fix the problemas with urgency.

Plus . Random Blackscreens on desktop . whats solution for that ? . rip 

0 Likes
thewolfy707
Journeyman III

Oh my god i have expecting the same problem. I tried to reinstall Windows 4 times, upgrade all drivers, repair corrupt files with sfc scannow command, reinstall drivers and still bluscreens !!!  Please AMD do something, expecting this problem on R5 2400G Vega 11. I e-mailed them and they said to freaking reinstall drivers with DDU, but i did this thing for almost 5-6 times and still nothing. I repeat, i have expecting the same bluescreen error after multitasking on browser and watching youtube videos (i use Firefox). Games and other things runs ok lol

0 Likes

As mentioned before, you need to disable HW acceleration on Firefox, otherwise, you will get BSOD.

This is a workaround not a solution.

If the work will be passed all to the CPU just sell the GPU and buy a APU.

0 Likes

It is a workaround, I didn't say it was a permanent solution :-) Still we didn't know if it helped him.

zachal84
Adept I

Hi ! Im new.
Experienced the same....
Black Screen while Gaming. but i heard sound!? plugged the display cord again and got the picture back O_O
Play a whatsapp web video : Bluescreen.
Start Youtube Video: Bluescreen

vsync: ON  doesnt work, ive got stutter with 30-40fps (hard fps drop from over 100) ???? and vertical lines not the vsync lines! bigger horizontal lines rushing over the screen.
Freesync ON doesnt work, broken picture within the Hz Range...
enhanced sync ON doesnt work, the vsync stripes are gone, but i get stutter/ rubberbanding effect AND a green broken screen on the left side!

Whats going on AMD!? my first Radeon after a long time and still only problems.
This Product is FULL BETA and shouldnt be sold!

i think i return it to the reseller..... thats a joke.

My Screen: LG 29WK600-W
Resolution: 2560x1080 @ 75Hz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 5700 (AMD REF Design)

0 Likes