cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

marc999
Journeyman III

5700 XT - Stable driver for RAGE 2?

I'm having a terrible time trying to find a driver that gives acceptable frame rates for RAGE 2.

At 2560x1440, paired with a Ryzen 5 3600x, my 5700 XT GPU using scaled back 'High' settings is barely getting high 20's fps.

-Chromatic Aberration, Depth of Field & Motion Blur off.  AA in-game set to FXAA.

Considering the publicity the 5700 XT has received, I'm surprised you haven't dedicated more time to fixing these issues.  These are very expensive graphics cards - can you please step up to the plate and put out acceptable drivers? 

Currently using: 19.10.1 (WHQL)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not suggest that I randomly try various other drivers, without having first hand knowledge of the results. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Probably not a problem for 1080p resolution. 2k Vulkan problem has solved, but you still have this problem. Try updating the driver with DDU. 

0 Likes
marc999
Journeyman III

Progress: I closed both 'Gigabyte RGBFusion 2.0' (a program that controls led lights of various motherboard components)

&

Chrome browser, that had many tabs open.

I wonder if one and/or the other was causing the issue.  Perhaps the game uses a very high amount of RAM. 

I have never had this unique issue in any other game, so I presume it's still driver related.

0 Likes

The problems you are experiencing are related to the driver. The newest driver will benefit you.

0 Likes

amd drivers have been problematic but there are some driver problems in windows too

0 Likes