cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tovarish124125
Adept I

Re: 5700 XT second monitor no longer detected by Windows

Yeah, it seems that's my only solution. It wasn't always like this though.It worked well in the beginning bar the random black screen issues. 

TV doesn't work either, and I'm done trying to wrestle with this issue. I'll just RMA. Thanks for your help man.

Edit: As a last update, my previous GPU, RX 580 works like a charm and detects both monitors immediately, so I'm sending the 5700 XT back for RMA.

alex82
Journeyman III

Hi Both,

I was also having the same issues as you discussed, everything seemed to aim towards a faulty card (mine is an RX5700 xt) that could not detect both monitors at the same time. Both monitors worked fine plugged in on their own. When both connected I would always loose my primary screen.

Anyway, i found this troubleshooter today, and it suggested to try this windows sequence key, and it fixed my issue. Both monitors were detected instantly.

Try a Windows Key sequence

In some cases, pressing Windows logo Key + Ctrl + Shift + B may fix your issue. If this does not work, see if rebooting helps.

found on this site.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4481332/windows-10-troubleshoot-external-monitor-connection... 

All the best,

Alex

tovarish124125
Adept I

Hey,

Thanks for your contribution.I want to add that I've tried the driver reset sequence before I RMA'ed the card and in my case it didn't work. 

I think the main way to distinguish between the two cases would be the fact that monitors worked as monads in your case, while in my case the HDMI port refused to detect anything, or it would detect something weird whenever the planets aligned. 

I got myself a Red Devil instead and it's all going swimmingly.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

This was not necessary in older versions of Windows. I am sure of this situation. That's why I suggested RMA to you. But I tried this Windows shortcut and thought it was useful. I am glad to solve your problem.

0 Kudos
ventoinhas
Journeyman III

Hi all,

I think i have the same problem.

Mine seems to detect the second monitor but it shows no image.

To solve my issue i go to the amd driver software -> configurations -> screen and activate eyefinity.

After this both monitors show image and then i deactivate eyefinity and every thing is back to normal.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
hikisukkaa
Journeyman III

Try to change (hz)  of second monitor.

My 2nd monitor works only with 60hz if ill change it to 100 or 144hz  the computer does not recognize the display .

My GPU: 6800 xt.

0 Kudos