cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

madcell
Journeyman III

5700 xt Sapphire Nitro+ Problems Black Screen

Hello everyone, along with saying hello, I would like to ask a few questions, it turns out that I just purchased this card and after installing it and installing the drivers every time I dragged the mouse on the desktop, everything selected turned black, the background of the icons turned black Also, this was solved in the following ways, putting a new wallpaper, disconnecting and connecting the gpu monitors, restarting the computer, and uninstalling the drivers, this happened to me with the latest version (20.8.3) and the one before that , I am currently using version 20.2.2 and at the moment I have not had the same problem, also I would like to note that when I turned on the computer sometimes it did not recognize the monitors or they simply did not show image, but this was solved by turning them off or disconnecting and connecting them again, Currently I have not played anything but I have made several benchmarks to see if the problem happens again and for now it has not happened (but I keep trying).

My specs are:

Mb: B450m aorus elite
Ram: 2x8 3200Mhz T.Force
Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: 5700 xt Sapphire nitro+
Power: 850W Evga Supernova B2 80 Bronce+
x2 m.2 nvme pcie gen 3 1tb p1 crucial

Hola a todos junto con saludar quisiera hacer unas preguntas, resulta que acabo de adquirir esta tarjeta y luego de instalarla e instalar los drivers cada vez que arrastraba el mouse en el escritorio todo lo seleccionado se volvia negro, el fondo de los iconos se tornaba negro tambien, esto se solucionaba de las siguientes maneras, poniendo un nuevo wallpaper, desconectando y conectando los monitores de la gpu, reiniciando el computador, y desinstalando los drivers, esto  me sucedia con la ultima version (20.8.3) y la anterior a esa, actualmente estoy usando la version 20.2.2 y de momento no he tenido el mismo problema, ademas quisiera acotar que cuando encendia el computador a veces no reconocia los monitores o simplemente no mostraban imagen, pero esto se solucionaba apagandolos o desconectandolos y conectandolos nuevamente, actualmente no he jugado nada pero si he realizado varios benchmark para ver si el problema vuelve a pasar y de momento no ha pasado (pero sigo probando).

Mis componentes son: 

Mb: B450m aorus elite
Ram: 2x8 3200Mhz T.Force
Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: 5700 xt Sapphire nitro+
Power: 850W Evga Supernova B2 80 Bronce+
x2 m.2 nvme pcie gen 3 1tb p1 crucial

PS:Sorry for my bad english hope i nailed it.

0 Likes
6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Have you tried your PC system with a TV? Are you having the same issues with a different monitor or a TV? If you are not having trouble with a different monitor or a TV, I suggest you share the part number of the monitor you are having trouble with AMD. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

After reading your answer, I connected my tv to the computer and I have not had problems with my monitor or with the tv, I am currently using version 20.2.2 of adrenalin and I have not experienced the same problem again unlike the last version 20.8 .3 that caused this problem all the time, anyway my monitors are:

-Viewsonic GX2401
-LG 24MK430H-B-B

I do not think it is a problem related to the monitors since both are completely different and television has never given me problems before, so I think it is a problem with the drivers or the gpu itself, also yesterday i experienced sluttering in some games like warzone or even league (league much less) im still experimenting with different games and benchmarks but i did not had this problem when i was using my GTX 970, i had stable 80-100 fps on warzone and very stable fps in League 200+. 

0 Likes

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Report your monitors to the AMD team. This is a driver error. There is an essential incompatibility with your graphics card's ways and video memory, and the driver cannot display properly, or something similar. Return the card if possible. Or use your system with a suitable monitor and a suitable driver.

0 Likes
madcell
Journeyman III

I contacted amd and told them about my problem, they responded quickly and advised me to uninstall the driver with their application and reinstall the latest version in a clean way, for now I have followed all the steps and I have not had problems, anyway I do not feel calm even as it could replicate again at any time.

atm im using patch 20.8.3 and no problem so far but im still testing.

madcell
Journeyman III

Update: i think is a problem related to the refresh rate of the monitors, because my 2nd monitor is 75hz and my 1st is 144hz when i put it to 75 it crashes but when im at 60 it doesnt i havent tested much yet but, this problem also happend to me with my gtx 970 that i was using before the 5700xt i reinstalled the 970 and the error kept happening, now i changed to 144 and 60 and lets see what happends.

0 Likes
madcell
Journeyman III

Update:
I changed to my old card with which I had never had this problem and strangely it kept happening, then I looked on the internet and I found several publications of problems similar to mine related to win10 issues and to some files that they installed wrongly, this has never happened to me and I have formatted my computer thousands of times with the same pendrive which seems strange to me, anyway I did what they recommended and so far with my gtx 970 I have not had the problem, if it does not repeat in the week I assume that with the 5700xt either, also since it happened with both cards after the formatting that I did, it may be due to a win10 problem, although since I got the card I have formatted like 3 times already to solve this same problem

Links related to the same problem as mine:

Icons have black square on them as I mouse over 
https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/118140-icons-have-black-square-them-i-mouse-over.html 

Wallpaper becomes black when dragging the mouse or refreshing the - Microsoft Community 
FIX: Black Squares Behind Folder Icons in Windows 10 - Appuals.com 
Fix: Desktop icons black squares windows 10 - YouTube 

https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-black-background-behind-folder-icons-windows10/ 

Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10] 

I did the thumbnail and diskcleaning thing and that resumes all pretty much for now (4 hrs running) no problem.

0 Likes