cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

naz1911
Adept I

5700 XT Radeon Adrenalin 20.2.1 issues

Since moving to this driver with my Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+, Youtube does not function correctly anymore in Chrome. When clicking on certain videos, the screen goes full screen black with a white bar across the top by itself instead of staying in window mode. 

With the 20.1.X drivers, audio issues were a major thing but no Youtube playback issues. The sound would completely disappear via HDMI requiring a PC reset.

The only thing that works is disabling hardware in Chrome, Discord etc (any none game software requiring GPU acceleration) to get things to "function". Games crash if i leave hardware enabled in Discord requiring a hard PC reset.

I am on a Ryzen 9 3900X platform on an Asus Prime X570-P with 32 Gb Corsair 3600 Ryzen certified memory

Tried doing the AMD clean Up tool and DDU uninstall before OS uninstall - No luck

Done a clean Win 10 Pro OS install - No luck

Disabled PCIe 4.0 in bios and did all the above again.

I have had many AMD cards from ATI Xpert @ Play (At least 1 new ATI / AMD top end card a year) up to the 5700XT and i have never come across an AMD product as bad as this for stability.

I got it as a warranty replacement for my Vega VII as it is now discontinued and regretting it so much. 

Who else feels the same?

Better red than (Fill in the blanks)
0 Likes
1 Reply

I found a reset of Windows was able to resolve problems with recent drivers, last time I did that was last week and so far anomalies have been minimal

bluetooth audio is a problem with select games

0 Likes