cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gxcare
Adept I

Re: 5700 XT hdmi sound drops cuts

I registered here only to comment this post: it is 6 months I have an AMD card since I swapped from the "other company" and it is simply incredible that this hasn't been fixed yet.

I think you are aware of this issue since long time and instead of spending resources in making fancy interfaces for the driver control panel, you should fix basic functionality before.

Thank you.

BobJoEe
Adept I

I have solved my HDMI audio issue by disabling 'Bitstream' input, instead setting 'PCM' in the TV side settings. Give it a try.

0 Likes
gxcare
Adept I

This could work if you sending the audio to a TV set where you will play with 2 speakers, but not with connections to an amplifier supposed to decode the 5.1 stream to feed the loudspeakers.

0 Likes
BobJoEe
Adept I

Yeah, no 5.1/7.1 PCM supported when I limited it to PCM mode on the TV side. only 2 channel PCM. It seems this limitation coming from either TV (more likely) or GPU or both though HDMI spec allows multichannel PCM.

0 Likes
kent_neilson
Journeyman III

HDMI-HDMI connection to receiver has this problem... but easy resolution is to go DP-HDMI... takes care of issue completely.

0 Likes
nekuma
Journeyman III

Unfortunately i thought same, but even with active DP-HDMI cable problem persists. Time to return card and wait i guess.

0 Likes
619alejandro
Adept I

I FIXED the sound issues on my PC, it appears its caused by a discrepancy on HDMI-GPU and HDMI-AVR speeds.

i did the following:

1) access radeon software

2) "display" tab

3) Enable "HDMI Link assurance" (This matches HDMI-GPU speed to your HDMI-AVR)

I haven't had an issue ever since.

0 Likes
619alejandro
Adept I

I FIXED the sound issues on my PC, it appears its caused by a discrepancy on HDMI-GPU and HDMI-AVR speeds.

i did the following:

1) access radeon software

2) "display" tab

3) Enable "HDMI Link assurance" (This matches HDMI-GPU speed to your HDMI-AVR)

I haven't had an issue ever since.

0 Likes
nekuma
Journeyman III

My short tests this solution works, even though not flawlessly - i'm still getting hickup but like once per 5-10 minutes.

BUT... this works for stereo only. The moment i switch to 5.1 sound and run something GPU intensive (Mechwarrior 5 in my test case), the stuttering returns after few minutes and it's allmost imposible to play. Just listening to youtube/music works fine.

So yes, HDMI Link Assurance seems to work if you run Stereo sound, but 5.1 behave as bad as without Link Assurance.

0 Likes
619alejandro
Adept I

Are you using a HDCP 2.2 HDMI cable?

0 Likes