cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

5700xtsaviour
Journeyman III

Re: 5700 XT hdmi sound drops cuts

And thanks to all above for your efforts aswell. None worked for me except this fix that took me hours to work out. Thank you, and good gaming people ;)

0 Likes
shodan
Journeyman III

I'll repost here too: There are 3 pseudo-solution for this appart from going team green.

- Download and activate the dolby (the free version) : downsides sound still drop but muting, unmute kinda work.
- Put load on the card, like light benchmark as an old furmark : downsides > fan noise, power consumption.

- Try to go DP to HDMI, either directly with a cable or with an active adaptor : downsides > sometimes sound get distorted with noise, Often after a wake up from sleep. Just press mute and unmute. Also you may have good sound only in 1920x1080, 720 will be distorted, under 800x600 : no sound over 1080p can get some cut, over 1440 no sound again

THANK AMD FOR THIS! I wonder how you can still have the HDMI compliance... 

This is not really a software bug, it's a driver/hardware bug, ' seems like AMD cannot find out how to cope with their DPC latency and ISR execution time.

0 Likes
spikeball22
Journeyman III

I have found a very strange (and sub-optimal for most) solution to this audio dropping issue that has so far worked flawlessly for 2 days:

- Turn of HDR and Wide Color Gamut in windows 10

- Attached a second display via displayport and duplicate the display and your TV/projector (which is connected via HDMI)

I have no idea why this works but I've gone from skips/drops every 30 seconds for dolby digital plus content to none since doing the above. I searched so hard for "onkyo skips/drops audio" only to find out it's my GPU! I almost returned my receiver because of this!!

What a mess... At least I got the 5700xt on a really hot deal. 

Hope this helps some folks. I know losing HDR is a big bummer for those with nice TVs. I happen to be on a projector for which HDR looks worse, or at least no better than SDR.

0 Likes