cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colinc22
Journeyman III

5700 XT- Driver 19.7.2 Crashes on Install

The latest drivers for the RX 5700 XT crashes on a fresh install of windows each time.

It will crash halfway through the install phase, then the monitor goes black and the computer shuts down completely.

Restarting the PC will get it stuck in the blue windows boot screen. After a few times of restarting I can get into automatic recovery mode and start in safe mode to uninstall the drivers. Once the drivers are uninstalled a normal boot of windows works fine.

Setup:

CPU: Ryzen 2600

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

MOBO: Asus - ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4

Windows: 1903

NOTE: I've tried installing the drivers on my old old rig running my i7 2700k and I could install drivers on that just fine.

Its this new rig that just fails when I try to install despite all the parts being new.

UPDATE: I Somehow managed to hack a bugged fix. I've tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times (10 attempts or so), each time it will crash the pc. However I think I got lucky, as I restarted the pc it could boot into windows just fine. On further inspection it seems the drivers weren't installed properly as I can't access radeon settings but windows does detect the rx 5700 xt and I can game just fine. If I try to reinstall the drivers from this point onward my system will once again crash and be stuck on the boot load screen. I'm gonna leave it at this messed up state until AMD fixes their drivers

6 Replies
jasonamd
Adept II

Same issue. You are making it hard to be a supporter AMD.

0 Likes
thann
Adept I

Same issue 2 day fighting with installation of AMD drivers. When I trying to install it crushes and goes to boot normal mode then Black screen and wont windows to start. Safe mode uninstall drivers then as a standard graphic card on normal mode is working. Shitty res and cannot event work normally

Gigabyte Aourus X570 Elite

MSI Radeon rx 5700 8G

AMD Ryzen 3700x

16 GB Ram 3200

0 Likes
t0g
Adept I

Same issues here.
Just tried 19.9.1, released 9/4/2019 - no fix.

During install, screen goes glitchy, then blacks out.
During reboot, at login screen, screen goes glitchy and blacks out.

Safe Mode and uninstallation with DDU allows me to reboot into normal login.

Only stable enough to use desktop when AMD Display Driver is uninstalled, and using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Games are not an option at this point.

------

GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT

AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200

0 Likes
mr_bleh
Adept I

I've got this problem too. Even with the oldest driver with RX5700XT-support. 

Even tried an older Win10 version (v1809). But kept crashing too. But I don't seem to have a problem with windows restarting. It always boots up fine. And using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. 

I filed a ticket with AMD Support. Maybe we all should do that? 

Because it's getting ridiculous. Got my pc 2 weeks ago, seen 3 different drivers in the meantime and none of them work on a clean install of Win10 v1903. 

The drivers are the third thing I installed beside Win10. First were the AMD chipset drivers, then Chrome and then GPU-drivers. 

Specs: 

- MSI X570-A PRO 

- Ryzen 9 3900x 

- Sapphire Radeon RX5700XT (reference) 

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (but still running at default speeds) 

The common link I'm seeing here is the x570 mobo, 3000 series cpu, and the rx5700.

Could be, that this combination of new-gen parts is causing issues.

If someone has a similar combo, but can at least make the system stable at desktop, I'd love so see what settings they've got.

0 Likes
t0g
Adept I

UPDATE : 9/10/2019

Possible fix/troubleshooting help.

Try a different monitor!

My Issues were occurring while hooked up to a smart TV through HDMI.

I brought my rig to a buddy and after he hooked up his older 1080p 60hz monitors, I saw zero display issues while using the same AMD Display Drivers that were blacking out with the TV. (This includes running a game flawlessly, plus, I was able to get into Adrenaline settings and play with the fan curve without issue.)

I have not yet been able to test out my ultra-wide 1440p 100hz monitor yet, but if that works/gives issues, I will try to lock the refresh rate to 60hz and test/tune from there.

My buddy told me to take a look at the monitor hardware settings through the AMD Adrenaline program. If you are able to see a wonky refresh rate listed for the monitor, that may be your issue (assuming your system is stable enough to even open Adrenaline).

If you cannot get it stable enough to open up Adrenaline, test with a 60hz monitor, or see if you can go into your monitor settings and lock it to 60hz.

0 Likes